blortblort bearing...gifts...for Christmas 2007

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

d-bouy 2007 ONE (128) (192)
d-bouy 2007 TWO (128) (192)

yes. two different versions. at 2 different bitrates. for your holiday listening pleasure.
Because you deserve it! :D

Once again, proving that just because one *can* do a thing...does not necessarily mean that one *should* do that thing ;)

just a little something for you play in the background during your family's holiday gatherings... just to see if they're paying attention.

In any case- Merry Christmas, from blortblort.

d-bouy 2007 ONE
used:
V-station
Sonalksis TBK3
Chimera
BDM :love:
Ariesverb

V-station on two tracks (groan bass, and tape wobble burbly BOC sound)
Majken's Chimera for melody line.
BDM on two tracks (one using Sonalksis TBK3)
at the very end during the fade out, brought some Ariesverb goodness to the mix.

d-bouy 2007 TWO
used:
virus TI
FabFilter Pro-C
Stereoizer
jb_barricade
Ohmicide
Bittersweet II

virus TI for aliased musicbox chimey chime melody. SideChained kick from the "familiar" drum loop to the melody line...gets a little seasick in places, but it may be appropriate for the mix. See if you don't agree.
controlled the Ohmicide(Melohman) via midi in realtime
One drum track = a "patch-work" of several drumloops run thru Stereoizer and jb_barricade
output of "familiar" drum track split to two separate tracks:
first a dry track
second - Live rack with 2 parallel chains- 1. dry (for mix balance purposes) 2. Ohmicide (under Melohman control as mentioned above). Live rack output run thru jb_barricade
(before I used the "familiar" drum loop, I resampled it thru the "bitter" side of flux's Bittersweet II to boost the transients ;) )
feel to free to comment on how obnoxious this mix is but I already know it's a bit agressive :hihi:

I'd write more, but I've only listened once through what I'm thinking is some of your best.

:clap:

Merry Christmas, blortblort, and thank you.

(before I used the "familiar" drum loop, I resampled it thru the "bitter" side of flux's Bittersweet II to boost the transients)

Nice.

Excellent tracks as usual. Your work with BDM has encouraged me to get in on the action! d-bouy 1 is so endearing to me, I can only describe the melody as precious. There is a lot of great drum work on d-bouy2 the back ground lead gets a little repetitive towards the end but it holds the track together well. I'm feelin' the holiday spirit and my wife asked without reading the post "is that some kind of weird ass holiday music?"

Merry Christmas movie house!

3am

Thanks guys!
@bobsled- very flattered, Sir... however, I'm not sure this is my best work... ya know I've heard that only the mediocre are always at their best ;)
In any case- thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment!

@justin3am- BDM is made for 3am action 8)
about the repetition in version 2- definitely agree, but I was kind of going for a "drums are taking over this mix and there's not much you can do about it" approach in hopes that one would only really get the suggestion that the melody was still a'tickin'....then the drums would back off enough to let the lead/melody come back thru, etc... that was the intent :wink:
tell your wife she's spot on correct: weird ass holiday music from a certified weird ass. My wife concurs :hihi:

this was our Merry Christmas movie house movie tonight :-o

merry time off yerself :D
good stuff.

thanks very much for listening, mr v!
glad ya like ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”