Hollow Man (gothic... industrial?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=5553625

Is it unusual?
Is it too simplistic?
I really love it. Very dark, ominous, deathly. Haven't ever gotten any comments for it.

Hi man,

Nice song, i love the sound, like you said...very dark ! The sound reminded me the one of "Coil" (with the voice too)

Good work !

Jay Sherman wrote:Haven't ever gotten any comments for it.
Probably because no one can hear anything. Both lo and hi-fi playbacks are broken with no audio.

And no soundclick account here, and no, I'm not making one.

Otherwise I'd be glad to check your track out as I do spooky/dooky shit myself.
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Sickle wrote: Probably because no one can hear anything. Both lo and hi-fi playbacks are broken with no audio.

And no soundclick account here, and no, I'm not making one.

Otherwise I'd be glad to check your track out as I do spooky/dooky shit myself.
That's rare. 98% of the time hifi seems to work perfect (for me). I wonder though if some computer systems have trouble with it.

Anyway I have it at myspace too.
http://myspace.com/jaysherman1

Jay,
I believe you posted this song before? It's good. There's a lack of clarity in the mix which needs some work, but I like the overall vibe from the song. Sort of Peter Murphy meets Coil on a very dark and stormy night, which would be a cool combo if ever there was one :)
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.

I actually like the so called "lack of clarity"...nice organic, lofi sound. I've become quite sick lately of all the modern, pristine productions these days (i.e. sterile sounding).

Regarding the song...its not bad, BUT....that 'Peter Murphy' vocal style and its delivery, coupled with what sounds like the exact same chord progression from 'Bela Lugosi's Dead' is a little much, IMO.

I liked 'Ghosts' and 'Falling' much better....nice darkwave sound on those! Not as fond of the EBM influenced tracks.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

Thanks for the replies :).

I do like the lack of clarity despite hearing that criticism of most of my stuff.... I also really don't like how relatively pristine things have gotten. (Antiseptic/sterile). Really like a dirty, watery, chaotic sound (sometimes). But then my mind overpowers my ears to the point where I've literally "heard" a completely different song than the one playing a couple times so I really need other opinions.... Maybe this is a little too close to a waterfall for people not familar with it...?

Thanks for listening to a few others, vespers75.

Gargoyle I don't think I've asked for comments on this particular one before but I might be forgetting something.

I've never really listened to coil. Guess I should.

Yes for sure you should, i'm sure you will like !

If not then ....sorry ;)

I'm going to listen to the other songs you did...

Note:
I'm talking about Coil :)

" Yes for sure you should, i'm sure you will like !

If not then ....sorry "

If I might ask here about Coil, anything in particular I should get? I looked on the internet and the very cheapest thing was 30 dollars with some albums costing more than 40! I can vaguely remember I think once hearing a song of theirs on college radio and another on youtube and what I heard in no way would justify spending such money (that's almost more money than I've spent to build my entire recording studio.. lol.)

loves secret domain by Coil.

I like how dirty your recording is. Sounds like tape.
Very old school gothic. I would say this is more like "throbbing gristle" than Coil (same band really).

Yes, Love Secret Somain is nice, if you want more info, try this link:

http://brainwashed.com/coil/main.html
( you can hear some song in MP3)

I agree, their records are very expensive and if youre looking for used one it's kind of rare. But one of my friend bought Scatology and Horse Rotorvator for like 10$ each...It was a luck ! Better wait to find them in an old vinyl shop.

...Hey by the way I listened to your song again...Nice one !

Mrstew

Return to “Music Cafe”