new ambient song - atonal

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Josh!

This is very nice stuff! When you mentioned atonal, I just HAD to listen. It's not really atonal, but still it is excellent stuff!

Ambient indeed and all those chords in the back, which are not exactly coherent with the melody are simply wonderful! My small, very small critisism would be that the initial instrument solo, is a tad loud to my ears and a little peircing as well.

Strings entering, go to tonal territory, huh? ;)

But I'm not denying that it's excellent stuff and very well thought out as well as composed and produced. :) Excellent!

Something original for me over here. :)
www.nikolas-sideris.com
CGEmpire is no more...

Nikolas wrote:Hey Josh!

This is very nice stuff! When you mentioned atonal, I just HAD to listen. It's not really atonal, but still it is excellent stuff!

Ambient indeed and all those chords in the back, which are not exactly coherent with the melody are simply wonderful! My small, very small critisism would be that the initial instrument solo, is a tad loud to my ears and a little peircing as well.

Strings entering, go to tonal territory, huh? ;)

But I'm not denying that it's excellent stuff and very well thought out as well as composed and produced. :) Excellent!

Something original for me over here. :)
yeah you're right the initial instrument is too loud. I had a hard time finding something that would add more dynamic to the piece without being really annoying...

thanks for the comments though! i don't normally do this kind of stuff. i usually stick to very melodic styles of music so I finally decided to try something new. enjoyable when you can just forget about formalities of what the right chords would be and just play.

Return to “Music Cafe”