melange

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

another abstraakt improvisation, this one ambient-ish:

www.rachmiel.org/kvr/melange.mp3

enjoy. :-)

This is exactly how I like to start my day, with fresh inspiration!! Thanks!

willum070 wrote:This is exactly how I like to start my day, with fresh inspiration!! Thanks!
thanks for the listen and comment. :-)

excellent and terrifying...scourging me of auditory sins. Thanks for sharing, as per, rachmiel.

mayan wrote:excellent and terrifying...scourging me of auditory sins. Thanks for sharing, as per, rachmiel.
thanks mayan! terrifying ... to me it's beautiful, though often these are quite similar. rilke, in his duineser elegies:

denn das schoene ist nichts als des schrecklichen anfang, den wir noch gerade ertragen, und wir bewundern es so, weil es gelassen verschmaeht, uns zu zerstoeren.

for beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we can (just barely) bear, and we admire it so ... because it blithefully disdains to destroy us.

This is very strange. Delicious but strange. Like hairy fruit. :)

justin3am wrote:This is very strange. Delicious but strange. Like hairy fruit. :)
apt lovely synesthesia.

Sounds spicey! Will give it a listen once I get back to my nest... likely in the wee hours.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Sounds spicey! Will give it a listen once I get back to my nest... likely in the wee hours.
thanks polyslax. and i'll listen to yours later also (i'm at work minus speakers now). :-)

rachmiel wrote:another abstraakt improvisation, this one ambient-ish:

TRIPLE !

ACE

Emerald Tablet wrote:
rachmiel wrote:another abstraakt improvisation, this one ambient-ish:

TRIPLE !

ACE
rack 'em! thanks.

rachmiel wrote:
polyslax wrote:Sounds spicey! Will give it a listen once I get back to my nest... likely in the wee hours.
thanks polyslax. and i'll listen to yours later also (i'm at work minus speakers now). :-)
No speakers at work? I guess I'm privileged... I love sharing your art with my coworkers because, though they do enjoy it, this is not music they would normally seek out. I guess that is the benefit of working in a music friendly environment. :)

justin3am wrote:
rachmiel wrote:
No speakers at work? I guess I'm privileged... I love sharing your art with my coworkers because, though they do enjoy it, this is not music they would normally seek out. I guess that is the benefit of working in a music friendly environment. :)
i'm a lowly adjunct professor at rochester institute of technology ... wouldn't presume to intrude on all the tenured profs.

rachmiel wrote:
justin3am wrote:
rachmiel wrote:
i'm a lowly adjunct professor at rochester institute of technology ... wouldn't presume to intrude on all the tenured profs.
Wow, I learn something every day! I would absolutley love to take a class taught by prof. rachmiel! I however would presume to intrude :D and would probably be tarred and feathered for it!

Where I went to school to earn my recording engineer credentials they were glad to be rid of me. I was forever experimenting with synths/FX/feedback in the live rooms, bringing in local death metal bands for recording sessions and presenting my experiments at full volume to my classmates. My professors were all 80's pop producers so they really didn't know what to do with me. Luckily I was commited enough to the craft to reign in my experimental nature so that I could actually get a job :hihi:

Anyway, sorry to derail the thread. :D

justin3am wrote:I would absolutley love to take a class taught by prof. rachmiel! I however would presume to intrude :D and would probably be tarred and feathered for it!
i teach human computer interaction. not music ... never wanted to go that route. and in terms of tarring and feathering, i am the easiest going professor you'll ever find ... have absolutely no joy in making my students' lives any more difficult than they already are. but i DO urge students to dig deep and show me their kinky sides.
Last edited by rachmiel on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”