February Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hope we can have that Most Mediocre month soon...

:hihi:
Rakkervoksen

Hovmod wrote:I hope we can have that Most Mediocre month soon...

:lol:

Or how about Really Great Musical Ideas that Fail Spectacularly month.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

DrApostropheX wrote:

Or how about Really Great Musical Ideas that Fail Spectacularly month.
i'd like: a tune made from one short loop
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:i'd like: a tune made from one short loop
Hmmm, I feel like I do that a lot already :D
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Caleb wrote:echo voodoo - this song was actually quite special to me. Again, I haven't heard the original, but I felt like I was listening to one of those slightly melancholy 80s dance tracks - New Order, Yazoo etc.. I know you didn't provide the lyrics, but it's hard for me to imagine another way of handling them.
By all means, check out Beanpole's original. While I'm very happy with the way my cover turned out, the original has a raw emotional feel to it that I find pleasing.

Thanks for the kind comments; they are much appreciated. Melancholy 80's-inspired electropop seems to be my niche, so I'm glad to hear that it works for others as well.

Markleford!

Humble thanks for the #1 vote.
Sure made my weekend and it's only just begun!

Beanpole, thank you as well for the vote.
Doing my taxes tonight and ready to record again tomorrow!

Have fun,
Jerru

i think it took me longer to vote than it did to make my submission this month, and shushi certainly did not make it easier, making such an awesome submission while breaking most rules in the book :x

i decided i like it too much to not place it at the 1st place spot, regardless of whether he's eligible to win or not.

p.s. thanks for the vote mello :)
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/
Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)

Psy-T wrote:i think it took me longer to vote than it did to make my submission this month, and shushi certainly did not make it easier, making such an awesome submission while breaking most rules in the book :x
I was actually grateful as it allowed me to eliminate a song without having to think too much. :)

If the song was within the guidelines I would have found it more difficult to choose my top 10.

Regards
Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Thomas Wentworth III wrote:I know for a fact, that he feeds baby kittens to his pet snake.
Speaking of FiFi, here's a snapshot after she ate my neighbor who happened to complain that my music playing was too loud. The following day when she went to her car, I "took care of the problem".
TangaMax wrote:S.HUSH, mother's little helper has changed mucho last decades... Laughing (BTW, this is a bilingual joke)
:oops: ....i never heard this one....i'm so out of the loop :cry:
mellotronaut wrote:God? Shit! sHushi is God ... HiHi
I am God?????? I have never been so insulted!!! I have told you many times before Mello.... I am ABOVE God!!! The nerve..........

BTW, being that Music Cafe submissions get pushed to the backburner fairly quickly, here's a link to the thread for my RPM submission:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=208611

Voting takes a LOT less time for me ever since I've decided to take the title of each piece, give each letter in the title a numeric value (A=1, B=2, etc.), sum up the numeric value of each letter in the title, and just rank the pieces that way, in descending numeric value.

Seriously, it takes like five minutes.

And stay tuned for my composition next month: "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Jerru wrote:Markleford! Humble thanks for the #1 vote.
[...]
Doing my taxes tonight and ready to record again tomorrow!
Do my taxes and my #1 vote is permanently yours! :hihi:

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

Markleford wrote:
Do my taxes and my #1 vote is permanently yours!
What, and bastardize the sanctity and integrity of this
noble contest?

OK, IT'S A DEAL! :D

I :love: the voting system wrote:This fuckin' voting-system made me nuts again, but no hope for a change :x :nutter:
Official Decree: Mello gets to call the shots on how we vote for the month of March!
March Only!

@Mello, PM me the details

-Scps
Bunch O Stuff

Can I be in charge of how we count the votes? ;) :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”