Polyslax - Apparition

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another down tempo piece.

Apparition

128 bit .mp3
5.2 mb
5:41 mins

Thanks to all who have a listen! :)
Image Image

It must be serene where you are today, Poly. This is by far the most gentle of your pieces. Very nice work.

Jazzyspoon wrote:It must be serene where you are today, Poly. This is by far the most gentle of your pieces. Very nice work.
Calm after the storm I guess... thanks Jazzy!
Image Image

tag for later, don't even have my laptop on me :(

I love the kind Blue Grass-y feel it picks up about half way through! This is very cool. Definitely chill. Is that vocode-y sound from Speakerphone? I've gotten sounds like that out of the ELS vocoder but your sound had a neat sample reduced alias to it. Parts also sounded like xoxos's Fauna.

Thanks!

runagate wrote:tag for later, don't even have my laptop on me :(
How dare you go out technologically unfit to meet the day! :wink:
Image Image

justin3am wrote:I love the kind Blue Grass-y feel it picks up about half way through! This is very cool. Definitely chill. Is that vocode-y sound from Speakerphone? I've gotten sounds like that out of the ELS vocoder but your sound had a neat sample reduced alias to it. Parts also sounded like xoxos's Fauna.

Thanks!
Thanks Justin! That sound you mention was created using Morph.
Image Image

certainly deserved of a comment. 'an outstanding peIce'. thanks for sharing!

auto_moment wrote:certainly deserved of a comment. 'an outstanding peIce'. thanks for sharing!
Thanks a bunch auto moment, much appreciated!
Image Image

you are Mr. Quality and Taste. I've never heard anything from you that hasn't caught me.
Thoughtful drifter ... very nice, how the rhythm enters the scene ... one of the best ambiental songs i've lisened to yet!

:clap: :tu: :clap:

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Oh, man! You own morph? :( I got to use that on a song once, prior to coming to KVR. I don't think I could stop using it if I owned it, though.

Ain't that a sitar? Sounds like a sitar. I like where you've been sojourning in sound design territory a lot. I don't know that it's even fair for your songs to capture even more of my day. I do need to eat and sleep and suchwise. :cry: :help:

mellotronaut wrote:you are Mr. Quality and Taste. I've never heard anything from you that hasn't caught me.
Thoughtful drifter ... very nice, how the rhythm enters the scene ... one of the best ambiental songs i've lisened to yet!

:clap: :tu: :clap:

m
Hey mello! Thanks a lot for the kind words! :hug:
Image Image

runagate wrote:Oh, man! You own morph? :( I got to use that on a song once, prior to coming to KVR. I don't think I could stop using it if I owned it, though.

Ain't that a sitar? Sounds like a sitar. I like where you've been sojourning in sound design territory a lot. I don't know that it's even fair for your songs to capture even more of my day. I do need to eat and sleep and suchwise. :cry: :help:
Morph is a lot of fun to experiment with, and I could definitely see it being your type of thing. The sound I used it on is the vocode-y flute sound.

Yup, that's a sitar - wish it was real... I'm still not giving up hope on owning a real one some day.

Thanks runny!
Image Image

Nice song, really ZEN and relaxing! :wink:

Good work mate !

hey, man...that was really quite beautiful and when it stopped, it felt as if it still perfumed the air currents in its absence. In fact, I'm playing it again. (And I'm hearing a phil lesh intimation...cool bass sound...way aback in the mix.)

Return to “Music Cafe”