Polyslax - Apparition

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mrstew wrote:Nice song, really ZEN and relaxing! :wink:

Good work mate !
Zen... cool, thank you!
Image Image

mayan wrote:hey, man...that was really quite beautiful and when it stopped, it felt as if it still perfumed the air currents in its absence. In fact, I'm playing it again. (And I'm hearing a phil lesh intimation...cool bass sound...way aback in the mix.)
Thanks mayan! Phil Lesh, yeah, I'd be happy with that. :)
Image Image

Hey Poly,
here I am again, posting "nice one" to your tracks...
I really like the "extended reality" thing (my own words - do they make sense?) you get going with the piano and sitar/koto samples...

And Morph looks cool, but of course, the bastards don't make a UB-RTAS version >:-|

Cheers again;
G.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Geddulp wrote:Hey Poly,
here I am again, posting "nice one" to your tracks...
I really like the "extended reality" thing (my own words - do they make sense?) you get going with the piano and sitar/koto samples...

And Morph looks cool, but of course, the bastards don't make a UB-RTAS version >:-|

Cheers again;
G.
Many thanks for the feedback Geddulp! Yeah, Iike the extended reality tag. 8)
Image Image

pattonfreak1 wrote:Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

:D
Image Image

nice mellow piece taking you to a distant shore...

jakob wrote:nice mellow piece taking you to a distant shore...
Thanks jakob... don't forget to come home! :)
Image Image

polyslax wrote:
runagate wrote:Oh, man! You own morph? :( I got to use that on a song once, prior to coming to KVR. I don't think I could stop using it if I owned it, though.

Ain't that a sitar? Sounds like a sitar. I like where you've been sojourning in sound design territory a lot. I don't know that it's even fair for your songs to capture even more of my day. I do need to eat and sleep and suchwise. :cry: :help:
Morph is a lot of fun to experiment with, and I could definitely see it being your type of thing. The sound I used it on is the vocode-y flute sound.

Yup, that's a sitar - wish it was real... I'm still not giving up hope on owning a real one some day.

Thanks runny!
My first bandmate bought an Ali Akbar Khan School sitar, and tablas, back in the day. Sitar is pretty easy to play. Tablas are far and away the hardest thing I've ever encountered to play. It's like drawing blueprints with one hand and doing differential calculus with the other.

Return to “Music Cafe”