My first 100% software song demo. Ideas? Thoughts?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://mooheadradio.com/music/collab.mp3

I am using Real Guitar 2.1L and Melodyne Studio 3.2. This is a song demo that uses Real Guitar for the acoustic strumming. All other sounds have been sculpted from audio samples inside Melodyne. I've just gotten the software, so this is my first effort. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Moohead

Had a listen on headphones and it sounds a little bass heavy. The bass guitar is too up front. The volume seems a little low and it could be that the bass is taking too much energy from the rest of the sound.
Vocals are good but I think maybe you are holding back a little in some parts.
I really like the guitars at 1:40ish. Was hoping for more of that.
Melodyne is a cool app. You have used it tastefully IMHO.
Good job.
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Sounds bloody good for a first go, heck! Not bad if it were an umpteem time go either ;)

Don't know about suggestions on this, I enjoyed it though :)

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

Thanks. I'm gonna put some more guitar in. i'm using Uebershall sounds from a demo disk! Most of the stuff is funk oriented, so I'll have to dig deep.

Can anyone recommend good audio samples that will mesh with Melodyne? I generally write more in the rock/pop idiom. Any suggestions truly appreciated.

Moo

This is so between
Image&Imageesk

Because you are using a timpany (kettle drum) sounding bass I'd variate the pattern a bit and go for a couple of subtle cymbal swells to carry things over. Also condiser using a harmonica for some melody thickening and those wooden spoons (Castanets) to shake up the rhythm. At the end where you say a storm is passing thru... You could add wind sound or better yet thunder and rain starting to fall..

Great job so far! I'd reference from using ubershhhaaaarrrrrrrrrgggll? Please dont use it just please dont.

L

Not to be dumb...but who is the first guy? I am going to work on some percussion next...

The guitar sounds are tricky to time properly, as I'm new to using this function of Melodyne. I've added some additional guitar licks, but I'm not happy with it yet.

Moo

moohead wrote:Not to be dumb...but who is the first guy? I am going to work on some percussion next...

The guitar sounds are tricky to time properly, as I'm new to using this function of Melodyne. I've added some additional guitar licks, but I'm not happy with it yet.

Moo
Who's the first guy???
Who's the first guy???!!!
Everyone knows it's David Caradine.
:wink: :)
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

Here's an updated version using guitar samples from my collaborator!

http://mooheadradio.com/music/2-13.mp3

Melodyne is an interesting program!

Moo

moohead wrote:Not to be dumb...but who is the first guy?
Check here http://imdb.com/title/tt0477348/

L

Return to “Music Cafe”