my voice and a moog - minimalist electronica - Tolerance -

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sampled my voice for drone...tweeked mini-monsta.
Not for dial-ups.
http://home.comcast.net/~newdabranck/mu ... erance.mp3
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I'm fascinated by this, was the MiniMonsta part all done live? It goes into some pretty crazy (though subtle) places. I absolutely love these kinds of cinematic sound scapes. Bravo.

Big soundscape. I found this a very nice (almost floating) suspended animation piece. Like from a dream where you are jumping or almost flying really far with each step.
I have find myself using my voice more and more for samples and fx lately as its the one piece of gear only I own. Nice work.

justin3am wrote:I'm fascinated by this, was the MiniMonsta part all done live? It goes into some pretty crazy (though subtle) places. I absolutely love these kinds of cinematic sound scapes. Bravo.
Hi Justin3am. Thanks for stopping in and listening to this! :)
Yes, the MiniMonsta was live...real time even.hehe
I 1st recorded my voice with some effects running while I was, ehem...vocalizing while listening to it live in phones...good way to get just what you like.
I edited this for a loop in sound forge.
Then I opened "chainer", inserted an audio player plug looping the sample.
I inserted a sweeping panner w/lfo on it's cutoff and res. underneath the player in the rack.
Inserted MiniMonsta on channel 2...developed a sound, and tweeked a few parameter knobs with my mouse.
Of couse there are a few effects along with the MiniMonsta..but just delays and reverb I think...spinaudio roomverb2 m2.
The delay makes it sound like there are more then one audio channel. I tried to listen to the delays and "play" with them.
I used the built-in recorder to record it. That's it.Pretty simple.

If I had it to do again i'd lower the gain on the drone and it's pan lfo freq.
It's somewhat annoying I think.

Thanx again justin3am !!

awesome...right up my alley.

-Meth
www.myspace.com/themethodmostused

Jazzyspoon wrote:Big soundscape. I found this a very nice (almost floating) suspended animation piece. Like from a dream where you are jumping or almost flying really far with each step.
I have find myself using my voice more and more for samples and fx lately as its the one piece of gear only I own. Nice work.
Thanks Jazzyspoon ! :D
I'm a pretty ol'school electronic music guy, spacey,dreamy soudscapes are what was being played on a local electronics music show weeknights for yrs in phila yrs ago growing up. This sorta stuff was common...i'm lucky to have had this...but its all a mem now.

Ha...this is the first time I used my voice in anything at all. haha
It just happened while goofing around. I do recommend it.hehe
Using your voice for percussion sure beats looking for the one kick thud in a list of 2 trillion samples I would imagine. haha

Thanks again Jazzy. I'm really happy the two of you listened and wrote me. :D

themethodmostused wrote:awesome...right up my alley.

-Meth
www.myspace.com/themethodmostused
Hey,thanks man..real glad to see so many plugged in people stopping in. :love:

Cool stuff.

Return to “Music Cafe”