Heaven

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I just got done a new tune called "Heaven". It's very atmospheric upbeat and happy :) I find it the best of the ones I have been posting here.
go to:
http://jessegorter1.hyves.nl/
You can instantly hear it from the player if you click play. Easy, no download and instant sound :)

cheers,
Jesse

That's a shame. I prefer easy download and play when I like, where I like.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

hm ok, so what did you actually think of the song?

I haven't heard it yet. To hear streaming audio I would have to shut down my sound server, which would make all the audio apps that communicate with it crash.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

okay I'll put it up tomorrow then. Sounds like the best solution :)

Great. I'll look out for it.

here it is;
http://download.yousendit.com/87811D306FFBA0BC

didn't have a proper upload space, but this oughta do just right.

Ok, had a good listen both on phones and my domestic HiFi. I very much like your work overall. There is a good instrument selection and some really smooth changes.

What I didn't like was the bass. I found it too prominent, but at the same time lacking real 'depth'. It also sounds as if it's merging with a kick drum when you have the percussion running.

What kit were you using to get your listening levels right? You might need to re-arnage it a bit.

Anyway. Good effort overall.

hmm i am a bit of an amature when it comes to mixing and leveling. I know my current setup is far from perfect though. I'll have a good listen to that bass :)

thank for the feedback!

kind regards,
Jesse

I like this quite a bit. The mixture of the more-or-less "combo organ" sound with the swirling pad plays out nicely. I can't comment on the bass, because my speaker system at work has a highly erratic subwoofer so it's hard to judge what's your music and what's my system. :)

DaveL
You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge.
-- Rush Show Don't Tell

Return to “Music Cafe”