Re-do

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, here's a re-work of one I posted a while back. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://media.putfile.com/Without-Conclusion-18

reviewing as i listen..

i enjoy this quite a bit. are the guitars from some sort of sample set? they seem to lack a certain amount of life or realism. perhaps you've compressed/gated all of the nuances out of them; a little bit of noise/fuzz/feedback can do wonders to bring out the character of a guitar.

i would lower the levels on the cymbal crashes just a bit.

and maybe use the reverb with the predelay a little more sparingly.

i liked it 8)

csmoening wrote:reviewing as i listen..

i enjoy this quite a bit. are the guitars from some sort of sample set? they seem to lack a certain amount of life or realism. perhaps you've compressed/gated all of the nuances out of them; a little bit of noise/fuzz/feedback can do wonders to bring out the character of a guitar.

i would lower the levels on the cymbal crashes just a bit.

and maybe use the reverb with the predelay a little more sparingly.

i liked it 8)
Thanks a lot for the feedback-- I'll take your suggestions & put them in my ears- give a listen again.

The guitars are mine- funny, I had been in the habit of using maybe too much distortion/noise & decided to play it cleaner on this one- maybe too much.

You know, I feel limited with my monitoring situation. I end up using three sources (M-Audio BX5a pair, my phones, and my car) and try to find a compromise-- sounds different in each place...

fbettoli wrote:You know, I feel limited with my monitoring situation. I end up using three sources (M-Audio BX5a pair, my phones, and my car) and try to find a compromise-- sounds different in each place...
however, i think this is an excellent practice and one that will yield the best results. after a while i think you'll find a sort of common denominator between the three and you'll be able to guess pretty accurately how your mixes will translate. someone who only uses monitors misses out on these crucial 2nd (or 3rd) oppinions.

Return to “Music Cafe”