NOVAkILL Remix Contest for DEMONIZER

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NOVAkILL is running a remix contest, in association with SYNAPSE AUDIO, for DEMONIZER, the first completed song for our forthcoming album, I HATE GOD. The best remix, as judged by the band, will win a copy of Synth Pack PRO, for either PC or Mac, valued at US$99. In addition, up to three remixes will be selected for inclusion on the album as bonus tracks. A prize pool of US$120 has been put up by the band for entries included with the album. Other entries may appear on NOVAkILL's MySpace page or be promoted in other ways, so there is plenty of opportunity for exposure.

Deadline for submissions is Sunday June 8th 2008. Entries do not need to be finished versions, more time will be available to successful entrants to finalise mixes. Entrants are responsible for uploading an MP3 of their remix. Entries must be submitted to the NOVAkILL Remix Contest thread in the Music & Stuff area of the Synapse Forum so that everyone has a chance to hear all the entries and discuss relative merits.

Results of the competition will also be announced there, a week or so after the cut-off date.

You can hear NOVAkILL's rough mix on MySpace, to get an idea of how it all fits together for the band.

There are two version of the remix kit, one for ORION users, based on a .sfs file, and a MIDI kit for people using other hosts. The ORION one contains an instance of ANGSTkILLERmini VSTi, which can be downloaded our site, although the VSTi can be substituted on load if desired. If you have trouble with the IRP, the correct impulse to use is PCM70-SmallPlate, if it matters to you. Everything else should be there, you might just have to point ORION to the vocal files when you load it up. The non-ORION kit has separate MIDI files for each part [except drums] as well as samples for loops/hits and vocals, but you will have to work out where the vocals go yourself, as they are short files - verse, chorus, etc.

It will make things easier if we keep this thread purely for submissions and any questions/problems, so I have started another thread called NOVAkILL Remix Contest Discussion in the "Music & Stuff" area of the Synapse Forum, where we can discuss entries, once they start coming in.

Check out all the details and grab the remix kit at http://www.novakill.com/remix.htm

DO NOT EMAIL ME YOUR ENTRY! I will only be able to download the first 3 seconds of it if you do.

PLEASE ENCODE YOUR ENTRY AT 128kbps as that's what we'll convert them all to for judging, to be fair to everyone.
Last edited by BONES on Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

i think i'll have a go at it, for fun, if nothing else. anything in particular you're looking for?

edit: on second thought, given how adamant your position regarding the sound of a TB303 is, maybe i shouldn't bother at all, as it's my favorite sound and used in some capacity in every piece of music i make.
https://melodyklein.bandcamp.com/
Creativity is a drug I cannot live without.
Cecil B. DeMille (1881 - 1959)

I'm also in, I guess. Hope I finde the time to finish the remix.

btw, my first VSTi I loaded to play the midi bassnotes was the Phoscyon. So much for the 303-sounds :)
I guess, Novakill will just have to like it then, with already two remixes possibly using these type of sounds ;)

Is synapse about to release this mysterious 'Mix Pack PRO' ?
Maybe you talk about the 'synth pack pro' ?

Done (for funziez only): http://hyperfileshare.com/d/d297c68b

Didn't use the midi's, tho'

(Ya work faster when ya like the samples and me liked)

Cheers
Off Topic, with a grain of salt

You could have least got it in time with the vocal, otherwise its kind of interesting. Original tempo is 138, if anyone cares about such trivia.
HumanBeing2, it started out as "Synth Pack Pro" but somehow morphed along the way. Thanks for the heads-up.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Might have a go at this one...:)

Love that acid

Always wanted to try my hand at something different. I'll give this a go.

I'm up for it, i'm in a bit of a rut just now, and this 'may' help me out. Btw, cheers muchly for offering better prizes than Radiohead, AND not charging us to take part. :lol: :P

im working on the mix as we speak. im taking this contest very serious. i think i can win or at least get my mix on the novakill myspace page. bones, are you looking for a similar sound to novakills sound or are we free to create what we want as long as it sounds like the original song. i don't want to do a remix to find out the band is looking for a particular sound.

i'm in. add a software license of choice to the prize haul if you like.

time to DEMONstrate fauna and some of it's algorithmic brethren
http://www.breathcube.com/tortured.mp3

listening to joy e "we are rock." novakill rocks.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Edit
Last edited by Reverse Engineer on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They won't let me access the file from here without signing up, which I am unwilling to do. I'm sure its not as bad as you think, though.
EDIT: I can listen to it at home [when I'm at work they think I'm in Singapore]. It definitely has some potential. I like the scream at the end.
chicken muffin wrote:are you looking for a similar sound to novakills sound or are we free to create what we want as long as it sounds like the original song. i don't want to do a remix to find out the band is looking for a particular sound.
We're open to anything. I suppose what we will like is something that reflects the spirit of the original. e.g. It is unlikely we'll select an ambient interpretation, unless it is brilliant in some other way. We are even open to the possibility that we might get enough good remixes to justify a bonus disc of remixes, in which case we would definitely be looking for diversity. So don't feel you need to second guess us or anything, I would hope we will be able to assess each entry on its merits and reward the worthy.

BONES wrote:It definitely has some potential. I like the scream at the end.
It's empty thus far, to say the least; but it seems i have a decent amount of time to work on it, plus i've only touched upon what i want to do (as you noticed, i've used hardly any of the vox, i was still editing them when i knocked this together.)

Anyway, at least you didn't rip my head of for committing some kind of sacrilege :lol: :P Back to work for me!

In the absence of a news article on the front page, this needs bumping.

Return to “Music Cafe”