[idm] kuniklo - thin

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lost in the hills of Cappadocia:

http://www.burgerkone.com/music/kuniklo-thin.mp3

For the gearheads, the only instrument used in this track is the Ableton Sampler.

Also, official Burkerkone shirts are finally available:

http://www.zazzle.com/the_official_t_sh ... 6162028594

yeah, I enjoyed that. thanks :)

This is very nice, really like the lead sound. Thanks for sharing.
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Thanks for listening! Any composition or mixing tips appreciated.

Sounds great on my desktop speakers. I would like the beat to kick in a little more with some type of snare sound, but it's really nice the way it is now. I might be biased because I used a similar sound in one of my tracks but I love that lead sound. Well done!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Normally I tend to have a little more punchy and up-front drums with a more prominent snare but I didn't feel as compelled to add one this time. Maybe I'll pull an Autechre and release 5 remixes on bleep. Thanks again for listening.

Lovely mood this creates melodically. I liked the perc sounds except for the bd, which somehow didn't sound right to me. The glitching was hit and miss for me (no pun intended) - I thought some of it worked really well but in other places it seemed a bit thin and obvious. Anyhow, overall I really dig the track, just maybe like to hear another take on the percs.
Image Image

Thanks for the keen ear Polyslax. I don't generally tend to like glitch effects and really only tried them on this track as a quick substitute for a drum breakdown I would program by hand later. I liked the way they worked out, particularly at the end, so I left them in. I think you're right that they seem a little canned in the middle though. I'm trying to drum up some netlabel interest in this and I might revisit that part if I find any.

this is more of an athmospheric, coffee-shop kind of track. not that there's anything wrong with that, but i'm a fool for more dynamic, dancefloor oriented tracks. either that or really slow, weird electronica. so yes.

Return to “Music Cafe”