Water Vapor (14 songs), KAOSSILATOR, MINIKP, H4, electronica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just finished my third CD using the KAOSSILATOR, and rather than releasing this CD as a commercial release, I decided to post the songs as a free CD for folks to listen to (and hopefully enjoy!).

The CD is called Water Vapor, and the songs can be downloaded at www.cohesiveforce.com.

I did these tunes while experimenting with the KAOSSILATOR and the KORG MINI KP (another tiny effects box). I recorded it all using a Zoom H4. The nice part of the setup with the H4 and the KORG devices is that my entire micro recording studio fits in a leather notebook sized binder!

I did a bit of tweaking using Mackie Tracktion 3, and then mastered it using Sony CD Architect 5.2. There aren't any multi-tracks, all the layering in the songs was done using the KAOSSILATOR in real time, and some of the strange effects are by-products of the MINI KP.

The CD has a techno/dance flavor, with some of the pieces being pretty quirky electronica. The best examples are Vibration, Water Vapor and Warp for the techno/beat oriented tunes. Warp is a bit out there with the effects. I'm a big fan of Squelch - it uses a "radio" type filter and has sort of a "tuning" in sort of gritty electronic feel.

You might love or hate it - but hey, it's free for personal use so live it up!

Return to “Music Cafe”