(UPDATE) Crowd singing needed, can you plse give it a shot.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NEW LINK IN UPDATE FURTHER DOWN.

Hi people,

I've nearly finished a song about a bunch of people in a bar, and I would like to have a crowd feeling on the chorus.
If you would like to sing it in and send it to me (I can also provide an ftp), then I would be extremely grateful!

The lyrics are:

So come on down to Rudi's bar
Grab a glass and cheap cigarre
Somehow we'll all make it through the night

We just get drunk once a day
'cause being sober just don't pay
And the only things that never die
Are solitude and hope

It's at 120bpm, the session is at 24/44,1, but a hi - quality MP3 would do the trick. Also, the alignment is not a problem, I'll manage that.
There are 4 choruses all in all.

NEW LINK IN UPDATE BELOW!

3MB
Mix isn't finished obviously - getting there though:)

Thanks a lot, this would really be appreciated.

Mail me if you have any questions,

cheers

Richard
Last edited by bluelife on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An English man in Munich. No wonder you a drunk.:D

Like to help, try and do something if I get the time, but on a few projects at the mo, and I made a promise only to work on songs that promte illegal drugs, as opposed to legal drugs - get the word's dope, crack, charlie or smack in their and I'm on it like a rocket.

So come on down to Rudi's bar... I'm singing it already.

Curse you. :)

thx would be great,

any others...?

richard

I'm running out the door in about five seconds; but here's a tip at least:

I did an anthemic 80's rock song that had a crowd part. I couldn't pull it off alone, but it only took 4 people. Each person sang the part in different ranges, and then I mixed it all together with a bit of reverb and panning. The results sounded like a fairly convincing crowd. So if you manage to get some nibbles, and those people are friendly types, I suggest that they send along a few different copies, with you singing in different ranges. ;)

Greg

Awight, YFC? I'll sort some takes out for you as soon as I get a chance, and I'll rope Michael in as well.

Hope all's good with you?
Please understand that this is coming from someone who quotes Terry Pratchett - Melkor

hackenslash wrote:Awight, YFC? I'll sort some takes out for you as soon as I get a chance, and I'll rope Michael in as well.

Hope all's good with you?
Hell well cool, thx!

Yeah, but no scousing, queens english if you please:))))))

I'm fine thx, hows u and the wife & kids?

cu

richard

Lunch Money wrote:I couldn't pull it off alone, but it only took 4 people.
I can support that idea. A lot of electronic musicians did that (Zombie Nation and Scooter being two of them), to let it sound like you're in a crowd or something.

Grab some beer, setup two mics (one is mostly enough, too), let them sing. Let them get a little bit more excited, move the mic around, rerecord, repeat but move around the positions (distace to the mic and angle) of the singers.

What you're creating is a so called doppler effect. Due to the alternating range to the microphone, the position of the singers and the later sounddesign with proper panning/delay/reverb, you get a fairly decent "crowd" effect without much effort - and you folks also had some fun in the studio.

This is all there is to it. Or do it like Dream Theatre, ask for help (check!), stuff like 30-40 men in one tiny recording room, setup a large membrane microphone, and let them scream their soul out. About the same effect - but is more fun if they're at least a lil' bit drunk - if it's a drinking song.

Hm... reminds me of that drinking song I wanted to produce, and that "Biene Maya/Hey Wickie" mashup we pulled off on stage once. Might pick that up again, now that I don't need that many peeps anymore.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I don't know what it was about this, but I liked it. The mix is not perfect, but I don't think perfect sound is necessarily the goal. The vocal is key, everything else is secondary, although the break might use a bit more brightness.

It just sound genuine.

Thanks,
C

Hi C,

thx for your comment.
As I said, it's not finished, the drum groove is out with the guitar too (thx to Prottols lack of plugin delay comp).
I am mixing it on cubase now, have a new bass, am resinging the vocals and will probaly throw out the dobro. Also, I'm putting a solo on it and will also add an organ or piano at times,

cheers

richard

Hi

just upped the latest verion, but still haven't received any crowd singing you scumbags :)))))

http://www.littleblueroom.net/mp3/rudis ... efinal.mp3

cheers

richard

Hey bluelife,

I'm up for some fun so I sang the chorus 7 times for you, hope you can use some of that - I'm not that great of a singer and not a bar-goer at all, but hey, nobody will know, right ;)

http://jakob.magiera.net/sound/rudis_ba ... jakob.flac

Jakob

thx very much Jakob,

I'll put in the mix tomorrow and see how it sounds:)

Any others, Hack, wot about u and your nipper?

cu

r

Return to “Music Cafe”