blortblort-MIRABA-Le Mirobelle Schnaps

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blortblort wrote:@justin- yer krazy. KRAZY, I TELL YOU! what sort of foolishness will you have us believe next?
"but hopefully I can live up to the quality of the current submissions."
feh, I say!
...and furthermore, the only reason yer stuff "sticks out" (if indeed it does...) is because it's so damn good. You consistently have ME rethinking MY shit, so we'll have no more of this "I hope I can live up to..." nonsense.
seriously, man! do what you do. If you rocked any harder you'd need a license and a special suit. :nutter: :lol: :hug:
Ditto!

Hey bb I love the cool and breezy feel of this track, excellent little bit of space chill! Oddly, perhaps, I'd chosen the same painting to work on some time ago but haven't completed it yet.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Oddly, perhaps, I'd chosen the same painting to work on some time ago but haven't completed it yet.
Which is funny when you think how when we talk about you behind your back we're like, "How in hell did he make 4 9-minute long tracks this week??

I'm still diggin' this one, blortblort.

Hmm I hope drumity makes some sort of combined-link-of-all-songs thing sometime. I completely forgot to go back and listen to the other songs from the original thread til now I've been so busy and don't have time before work today. I'll go bump his thread :)

runagate wrote:Hmm I hope drumity makes some sort of combined-link-of-all-songs thing sometime.
Sometime can be really fast :D
Look at my threat !

Drumity

You are on a friggin roll, B!

Very beautiful work. There is a forlorn, melancholy feeling to this despite it's uptempo and I love that. Instant keeper.

So I told you (and in my thread) of the science of arts joke, which is perhaps not easy to imagine !
As mentioned I took all elements of Miro's painting and rearranged it to mine ... I hope he wouldn't have looked very odd at me :hihi:
I thought a comparison of the two paintings would shed light on :D

Image~ JOAN MIRO - Blue II (1961) ~

Image~ MIRABA - Le Mirobelle Schnaps (2004) ~

Please really look at this as what it is ... a science of arts joke for enthousiasts ... it is not nearly a compirason with the genuis of Miro :!:

man.... I didn't realize that... perhaps I should have read more about your paintings, drumity?
In 96, we went on vacation to Spain (though I am quite loathe to fly...)
We were in Barcelona and visited the Miro museum. Quite by chance, there was an excellent Warhol exhibit there at the time as well. what a great deal! Miro AND Warhol! (Frankly- until then, I had not really any appreciation for Warhol. Seeing the works in person changed that. I don't know how to describe it but the presentation totally has an effect on a person....on the other hand, I loved Miro from the beginning!...this is most probably what drew me toward that particular one of yours :hihi: )

drumity wrote: Look at my threat !

Drumity
Such a simple, innocuous typo yet so funny nonetheless.

I listened to this 5 more times in a row today... damn. So wicked.

are ya suuure it's a typo?
:hihi: :D :lol:

thanks for the listening and the bump, runny!
geez...what a damn day. first work hell...then no introweb for several hours (summer weather in the ATL...) complain, complain... :P
glad ta know yer liking this.

blortblort wrote:man.... I didn't realize that... perhaps I should have read more about your paintings, drumity?
Yes :)
blortblort wrote:We were in Barcelona and visited the Miro museum. Quite by chance, there was an excellent Warhol exhibit there at the time as well. what a great deal! Miro AND Warhol!
Oh wow ! This is painter heaven ;-)
Warhol was a great precursor and originator of pop-art and he changed the perspective we all see daily objects and his love for straight colours you can see as inspiration in my piccamira:period :)
This february I saw a picasso exhibit and I was completely blown away !
I knew almost all of that paintings and drawings ... but to stay in front of them is a completely different deal ! You learn so much more about colours and image architecture and the spirit of his genuis you almost felt there ... amazing !
blortblort wrote:I loved Miro from the beginning!...this is most probably what drew me toward that particular one of yours :hihi: )
That's a huge compliment and perhaps you don't even know ;-)
Cause by saying this it implicates that you saw a miroesk deepness and approach of seeing things and realisation of artifical contents.
If you look at my paintings you see I do them with straight colours and without shades and colour nuances by which is quiet heavy to achieve a certain deepness.
Fortunately I have an instinctively sens for coulors without thinking what will fit or not. To carry this to extremes I sometimes did forms even without borders and deepness according contouring.
This was the biggest result and learning process of this period, apart from the main intention to hide different pictures in the picture and essences behind the surface ;-)
This is not obvious and if you turn some of my painting around you will discover much more things than you saw first :D
"Recherche Folle" is the best example for this !

But who wants to know more about my paintings just ask and I will lecture "MIRABA - The essence behind" :)

Drumity
Last edited by drumity on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

runagate wrote:Such a simple, innocuous typo
What a typo ? :roll:
I thought this isn't ungrammatical ...
Anyway ... I don't envy you guys reading my bad ass english :D

But I try my very best ;-)

And if this was a complaint I will write in german for the future :!:

:hihi:

No, no complaint. Besides I have a German interpreter for a friend who can make my English monkey-talk into mooshypoops for you if you need it.

It's just that "threat" isn't "thread"... 8) Your English is only just enough off to be funny occasionally :) I wonder if there's anyone posting on KVR from the Vatican that I can flex my terrible Latin on?

runagate wrote:No, no complaint. Besides I have a German interpreter for a friend who can make my English monkey-talk into mooshypoops for you if you need it.
Whatever "mooshypoops" is ! :lol:
It sound very sexual in german ... but I am not the cs-guy :D ... so non merci !
runagate wrote:It's just that "threat" isn't "thread"... 8)
Oh yes right ! So that was definitively a typo :)
I think my threats in certain areas of my brain are disfunctional temporarily .. need to upgrade to Octa-Core I guess ;-)
Oh no .. this was thread also :lol:
runagate wrote:Your English is only just enough off to be funny occasionally :)
I am glad to give you guys some fun sometimes :D

And thx blortblort for knifing me ! I have an inspiration for your painting yet :D

drumity wrote:And thx blortblort for knifing me !
:-o :scared: que?
drumity wrote:I have an inspiration for your painting yet :D
:scared:... :scared: .....que???
don't know what you meant, but please drumity! I mean you no harm! :D
:lol:

hi blortblort,
I really like this piece. Cool in a not trying too hard to be way, just happy to be shuffling down the sidewalk. The layering of the lead in that space you create was great :)
..what goes around comes around..

Return to “Music Cafe”