Polyslax - Le Mirobelle Schnaps

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally getting my first entry into drumity's project! Here's the image that launched the track:

Image~ MIRABA - Le Mirobelle Schnaps (2004) ~

Lovely isn't it? :)

And here's what it inspired:

Le Mirobelle Schnaps_Polyslax

128 bit .mp3
8.5 mb
9:17 mins
Image Image

This track hooked me as soon as it started! It gives the impression that it's going to develop into something really intricate and it does. And it's quite funky, in an FSU way - I could dance to this. :D

Great track inspired by a great painting. A keeper! :)

:o
Wow Poly !
This is just an amazing track !
I like the beginning and when the bass came in ... very groovy ... and you used some metric modulations ... a real gift for a drummer :)
The melody doesn't found you as much as the groovy rhythms, but there are many little things here and there dicovered you'll find by listening several times !

So in my multimedia portfolio I will integrate a credit section for all you guys and therefore I'd like to know what you saw in my picture ?
What's your interpretation concerning the contents and purpose ... in short what grabbed you ? ;-)

Drumity

damn, p-slax! this is wonderful!
again- seems like breathing for you. so effortlessly you find ways to fit all your parts together in ways that affords them spaces that I could never find if I tried. While I love all the textures, I really dig the little chromatic glissy parts that pop in and out. nice wacka-mole stuff :tu: and your drum treatments always lend a more real/accessible feel to this sort of a composition than most anyone elses. just great stuff.
BTW- I do love this painting too!

Very nice Poly, I got images of Charlie and the Chocolate factory (the original) through the whole thing. The sequence at the begging is very reminiscent of what you might get out of an analogue modular synth, but the filters are very similar to Nord filters... did you get some of these sounds from your Nord Modular? An awesome track and it's easy to hear how the painted inspired this, thanks. :)

Nice sonic adventure, Poly. Seems to wander artfully with purpose. Very nice, head bobbing groovyness.

TristezaOrange wrote:This track hooked me as soon as it started! It gives the impression that it's going to develop into something really intricate and it does. And it's quite funky, in an FSU way - I could dance to this. :D

Great track inspired by a great painting. A keeper! :)
Thanks TristezaOrange, much appreciated! :)
Image Image

drumity wrote::o
Wow Poly !
This is just an amazing track !
I like the beginning and when the bass came in ... very groovy ... and you used some metric modulations ... a real gift for a drummer :)
The melody doesn't found you as much as the groovy rhythms, but there are many little things here and there dicovered you'll find by listening several times !

So in my multimedia portfolio I will integrate a credit section for all you guys and therefore I'd like to know what you saw in my picture ?
What's your interpretation concerning the contents and purpose ... in short what grabbed you ? ;-)

Drumity
The pleasure was all mine drumity. Thanks for the inspiration, and the nice feedback! Yes, it's not a strong melody piece, but I felt this from the start. I wanted to concentrate on rhythmic elements. I was only hoping the mash of rhythms going on wouldn't be too hard on listeners.

I'm afraid I don't take a very analytical approach to art. I like to experience and create art at an abstract level, being guided by emotion and intuition. So, all I can really say is my track is what I felt when I looked at your picture. This is what your colours and shapes drew in my head and in my heart.
Image Image

blortblort wrote:damn, p-slax! this is wonderful!
again- seems like breathing for you. so effortlessly you find ways to fit all your parts together in ways that affords them spaces that I could never find if I tried. While I love all the textures, I really dig the little chromatic glissy parts that pop in and out. nice wacka-mole stuff :tu: and your drum treatments always lend a more real/accessible feel to this sort of a composition than most anyone elses. just great stuff.
BTW- I do love this painting too!
Glad you dig sir, I had an inkling this might be up your alley! :)
Image Image

justin3am wrote:Very nice Poly, I got images of Charlie and the Chocolate factory (the original) through the whole thing. The sequence at the begging is very reminiscent of what you might get out of an analogue modular synth, but the filters are very similar to Nord filters... did you get some of these sounds from your Nord Modular? An awesome track and it's easy to hear how the painted inspired this, thanks. :)
I'm liking that image! Although there's some NMG2 in the track, all the sequencey parts are Monomachine.

Thanks a lot Justin!
Image Image

Jazzyspoon wrote:Nice sonic adventure, Poly. Seems to wander artfully with purpose. Very nice, head bobbing groovyness.
Cheers Jazzy! :)
Image Image

Sooooooo tired but still thouroughly enjoyed your track at 5:15 am... damn, you make long songs 8) Which in your case is good, as I don't want them to end!

It sounds like electronic elevator music.

Like something you'd hear in an elevator in Germany.

maybe some kids will mosh to it.

blackboyrockinit wrote:Like something you'd hear in an elevator in Germany.
Never heard that kind of elevator music here ;-)
But I rarely take the elevator 'cause I wanna stay in shape :D

runagate wrote:Sooooooo tired but still thouroughly enjoyed your track at 5:15 am... damn, you make long songs 8) Which in your case is good, as I don't want them to end!
Do you ever sleep? As someone who never sleeps I'd like to feel I'm not alone. :)

Thanks for hanging in there!
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”