need critique

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi .....this my first music post...I am looking for feedback on my song....it is inspired by music on the kompakt label as well as early detroit techno, but it probably doesn't sound like either of those....

I am looking on feedback on how to make this stronger, especially compositionally, but I certainly any tips on the sound/mix...

it seems too long to me, but i'm not sure how to cut it down and have it flow like a song...

thanks in advance for your help

Here is a link to a myspace page i created for this propose:

http://www.myspace.com/genomebeats

..hello. I think you have the proper basic skills that just need refining, honing and experience to get you places. There are no major flaws that stick out production-wise, and what the composition is concerned; it's simple, but not too simple. It's well thought out, imo. Just keep going wretchro :tu:
'This too shall pass'

Nice pleasant friendly tune.

I'd eq some of the bottom end of the kicks so that it doesn't occupy the same freqs as the bassline.

I might be mistaken but it seems like your using a second kick to mingle and pump the bassline, if so and instead, pump the bass through a side chain compressor to the main kick.

I'd soften the string arp thing EQ wise and use less small room reverb.

good mix of timbres, The arrangement seems nice and funtional for DJing.

personaly I'd fade with the kick/snare last and fade the stringy arp thing faster.

Nice solid tune and all things I just said are minor, you could just as easy let the tune stand as is and it'd be fine.
Stay in the glow.
Feed the glow.

I was just thinking about this peice, thought I'd give a third listen to, maybe give it a bump. It's a good little number, wretchro deserves some encouragement
what do you guys think? :)
Stay in the glow.
Feed the glow.

Return to “Music Cafe”