Got my daughter to sing finally !!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Been trying to get her to sing for a while. Its a cover of Weezers, "Say it aint so". She wanted to do it. I didnt know it and spent a few hours learning (somewhat) the song and laying down the tracks. She giggled through the song at points and the vocals are priceless. I'll keep this one forever. Enjoy. Here is the link http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 99761&q=hi

not bad. i dig :)

Thanks. It was fun.

Adorable, everyone should sing everyday, good for the heart.
Stay in the glow.
Feed the glow.

How old is she ?
You can't always get what you waaaant...

She is 15. I wish I could get her to sing more for me. She is quite shy and wont listen to this tune if others are around.

Not to be mean or anything but i just say what i think

i think it sounds like a mediocre bad American Idol audition.
she needs to work on her vocals...so i can see why she's a little bit shy.
no offense

but that's my opinion

i'm not being mean or anything by all means... just saying.

Thanks Simon :). We know its bad. Thats what makes it fun. Its all good.

Adding my tuppence worth.

She has a pleasant sounding voice, but lacks control (like most of us). If she really wants to sing she will need a lot of practice. Not many people naturally sing on key and steady :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

It's not perfect and she needs a bit of practice but she has got a nice sounding voice, there is definitely some potential there IMO

HI

I agree with the comments already made, although being a parent (and grandparent) didn't want to say, as anything negative said about kin can cut like a razor!

But FWIW (and it is a BIG plus) the young lady has a really nice basic tone.

I would encourage her to have some singing lessons: a tutor would get her practicing vocal scales, breathing excercises and so forth - which would improve things no end.

I hope you keep us posted on any developments - perhaps let your daughter read these comments, if she enjoys singing and wants to take it a step further I see no reason why she can't develop her singing voice to a decent standard.

In the 70's I worked with numerous singers, and some were very young - we even has vocal coaches that would come into the studio and take girl groups aside and help them sing together and pick up on individual 'issues' and work through them.

In many cases it is simply practice - a lot of young singers can be found singing anywhere and everywhere - if your daughter is shy then she probably isn't even singing in the bathroom.

Forgive the ramble: I liked the demo, see pthe otential and from being a farther/grandfarther found it hard not to suggest embracing and encouraging the ability.

Flipper.

Thanks to all. And I dont take offense to anyone stating the facts. She does need practice. And I hope I can get her to do more. A few years ago I did get her to do Neil Youngs "Keep on Rockin in the Free World" and ACDC "TNT". Those were fun too. But they were done with two mics and a cassette deck. So the quality is pretty bad. She will come around. Hell I even sing to my stuff and I suck big time. I got over being shy.

Haha, very cool Bushmaster. Sounds like it was alot of fun! Vocals sounded like she had fun doing them and thats all that matters. No reason to be shy.

If you don't mind me askin', how did you record the guitars? Very nice smooth guitar sound.

Guitars were actually a Boss GT8 direct into my mixer.

shucks, she sounds like a total bad ass.....

She has a totally wicked voice for Rock n Roll...... Problem is -- she is not singing in the tummy..... you should throw on Tina Turners greatest hits and be like.... Rock vocals are all about sit ups.......

That is the key to rock vocals.... You know? Steven Tyler sounds like a cat with a chain-saw being ran across his belly, but his belly can take the abuse, cause its rock solid....

If I was producing rock singers, I'd get myself an AKG and crunch mat....

+

I dunno if weezer is the right band for her.... I'd go joan jet/bonnie tyler/pat benetar/ you know... Str8 up bad ass girl rock... as I like to call it..

What about some Sophie B Hawkins or something... Black Velvet or something......

The daughter has a kick ass voice mate. Apparent that the musical talent has come down through the genes...

Focus + sit ups + proper song = bad ass tune!!

CheerS MatE

Return to “Music Cafe”