Live gigging in London

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

I've sort of recently moved to London from New Zealand. Am interested to know if there are any other electro/drum&bass people looking for support with live gigs. alternatively if anyone knows of good bars/venues to approach to get a foot in playing live, then any help would be appreciated. I'm happy to play for free too .. . . if that's any added incentive. . . :wink:

I've got some representative(ish) material up at myspace.com/zenelectricband if you want an idea of style.

Either post here or PM me if you're keen to discuss more.

No-one?

How about this then:

Are there any producers/ electromusicians, who are on these forums, who actually playing live show in London at all?

I think you have to pay to play in London nowadays...

bluelife wrote:I think you have to pay to play in London nowadays...
gee, by the sounds of it I'm inclined to agree. . . . . the death of live music eh?

zenelectric wrote:
bluelife wrote:I think you have to pay to play in London nowadays...
gee, by the sounds of it I'm inclined to agree. . . . . the death of live music eh?
Well I've heard that it a lot of venues, the band the pays the most gets to play - so they can promote themselves.
I stopped playing too, here they have put up screens to show the football - cheaper than bands, there are only 3-4 venues for small bands in the city (1.2 Mill)...

You could try open stage nights and stuff perhaps,

blue

Shame about the same thing happening in Muenchen too. I was there last week and was wondering about the live music scene. .. .

Return to “Music Cafe”