January Contest: Results

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

evo2slo 10+6+6+5+4+5+9+7+8+3+2+7+8+7+8 95
kryptonaut 6+4+10+9+9+4+6+7+7+7+6+10+8 93
Irion Da Ronin 4+8+9+10+10+8+1+6+4+9+6+4+4+9 92
markheath 3+2+6+8+4+10+9+9+9+10+8+5+2+5+2 92
Norf-n-Souf 10+4+3+5+8+10+10+10+10+7+10 87
bzur 10+8+7+6+10+3+9+8+5+9+1+5+6 87
Patrick9 1+2+4+10+7+2+10+7+8+8+4+3+3 69
Zombie Queen 5+7+8+4+2+9+1+10+10+7 63
D.H. Miltz 5+2+5+3+2+6+6+3+7+3+4+3+8+3+1 61
Laguna Rising 2+3+7+1+4+3+4+3+1+6+2+8+9+6 59
SJMmusic 7+6+8+1+2+5+5+1+10+4 49
Wopelka 8+1+7+5+3+4+6+6+9 49
Mister Natural 7+1+2+1+2+6+6+3+9 37
sly fly 8+6+5+5+1 25
beanpole 7+10+2+1+3 23
nikp2000 2+3+8+2+2+5 22
peppy197 7+1+1+6+2+4+1 22
shrikant 9+2 11

We didn't vote.
JJBiener 4+9+1+3+5+1+4+5+7+5 44
rachmiel 9+9+9+8+1+4 40
mrblitz000 5+3+7+1+5 21
thomekk 3+9+2 14

Edited to move thomekk to the nonvoting list.

Edited again to correct scores. (NorfnSouf from 77 to 87, SJMmusic from 59 to 49.) And to remove mrblitz from the voting list.

Edited yet again to reorder the tied place in accordance with the (new?) way of doing such things (see below).
Last edited by D.H. Miltz on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
No longer a moderator.

Congratulations and thanks all around. Maybe a little extra congratulations for the winners. Well done.

Checking my work on the scoring is always encouraged. If something's not right, don't panic, we'll figure it out.

Does anyone know what's been done in the past with ties as far as prize choosing goes? (When I get down to markheath and Irion Da Ronin it'll come up. Unless one of you wants to volunteer to let the other choose first.)
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Congratulations and thanks all around. Maybe a little extra congratulations for the winners. Well done.

Checking my work on the scoring is always encouraged. If something's not right, don't panic, we'll figure it out.

Does anyone know what's been done in the past with ties as far as prize choosing goes? (When I get down to markheath and Irion Da Ronin it'll come up. Unless one of you wants to volunteer to let the other choose first.)
Congrats to all winners, especially to evo2slo: great work :)

At One Synth Challenge we usually do as follows:
- Give 5 points to the track you think is best, 4 for second, then 3, 2 and 1.
[...]
- In the case of equal scores after voting, entries will be separated by how many 5 pts they got, then 4 pts and so on.
(http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=338166)

I think it could be a good rule for Kvr Music Cafe scoring system, too.

Okay, I hope the scores are correct now. Thank you, Wopelka. (And that's why I encourage checking my work. Even when I've had more than a couple hours' sleep and don't have a grouchy old cat helping with the tally I'm bound to misenter things at some point again. Having other eyes check things is very helpful.)
Last edited by D.H. Miltz on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer a moderator.

bzur wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:Congratulations and thanks all around. Maybe a little extra congratulations for the winners. Well done.

Congrats to all winners, especially to evo2slo: great work :)

At One Synth Challenge we usually do as follows:
- Give 5 points to the track you think is best, 4 for second, then 3, 2 and 1.
[...]
- In the case of equal scores after voting, entries will be separated by how many 5 pts they got, then 4 pts and so on.
(http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=338166)

I think it could be a good rule for Kvr Music Cafe scoring system, too.
It's simple and clear and since I'm (at least in name) the moderator, I'm going to say this will be the way we'll do it. Thanks, bzur. Now back to edit the top post yet again.
No longer a moderator.

Oh wow! That's really made my day! :)

Thanks to everyone who voted and particularly to those who offered reviews, which are so valuable and informative. Many thanks also to DHMiltz for organising things :tu:

And congratulations to all entrants, especially evo2slo, IrionDaRonin and markheath :clap: - it was great to hear so many original and creative interpretations of a tricky theme!

Congratulations to ALL participants! You all made a great job.

I'm very happy with my place, so thanks for your votes, your comments, and feedback guys. :hug:
Also thanks to D.H Miltz and wopelka for counting votes and the hard work.

Have a good day :)

I don't believe it! :shock: :o What a close contest! :-o The top 6 were all just one vote away from first place. Congrats to kryptonaut, Irion, Mark Heath, folderol & offthewall, bzur, and everyone else for the great music! Thanks so much to those who commented on, voted, and/or listened to my track. I'm really grateful for the opportunity to participate with so many talented musicians. This contest, and the one over at OSC, have been incredibly helpful for sharpening my skills and getting me back to music after a long hiatus after the birth of my son. It feels really good to be making music again! :D

Little did I expect as I was sweating and shivering over my computer with an awful flu trying to get this track finished before the deadline that this would be the result - and then when I listened back to my boomy mix after submitting I figured oh well - maybe next time… but waddya know!

I've been using Alchemy player for so long, I am incredibly excited to get the full version. Thanks so much to Camel Audio and all the other generous prize givers. Thanks also to D.H. Miltz for keeping this all together, and great theme ideas.

I think today will be a good day to start working on my 'happy' track! :) :) :)
:party: :hug: :D

It really was a tough month for voting and the close call on the results well reflects the variety of the submissions. Congrats all!

Now, how to get from a drum track, doubled in speed to sound like Motorhead, to a submission for February? Well, it's making me happy... :D (Collaboration on gutteral vocals, throbbing bass and wailing lead appreciated :hihi:)

Congratulations evo2slo and well done to everyone who entered this month. I had lots of fun listening to all your tracks. Thanks very much to everyone who gave me constructive feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Also, after my rather underwhelming debut in this contest last month, I set myself the goal of getting more than 3 points this time round, which was achieved with room to spare :-o :D, so thanks too for all who voted for me.

Congrats !

I'm gonna go dance to evol2slo's song . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:Congrats !

I'm gonna go dance to evol2slo's song . . .
:D There's actually a special dance that goes with it... it's pretty hot in all the clubs right now... it's called 'The Sisyphus Dance'
Put both arms straight out in front of you, lean forward like you're pushing a big rock up a hill, and shuffle your feet! Repeat over and over! :lol:

Congrats, especially to evo2slo (hey, I think even I could manage that, err, dance)

This has been an amazing contest - really made us all work :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Congrats to everyone who participated and thank you to everyone who voted for and reviewed my piece.

I apologize for not being able to vote. There were so many entries and they were of such high quality, I wasn't able to listen to them all enough to properly choose a top 10, and I didn't want to be abitrary about voting. You all did fine work.

Congratulations to the winners ! :party:

Great month of good music, thanks for the votes and reviews

Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”