Mr. Flyte - Kinetic Love (My Fans) [Sampled Sources Listed - contest over]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good to be back guys, actually...I never left you guys, busy with work. barely had much time to work on this song, but it was a slow and gradual processes of the past month or so. Finally, it's finished. Full of bite, full of punch, full of genres and sampled artists.

Sampled:
The Contours -"Do you Love Me?"
Notorious Big - "Weak or Strong"
Chris Brown - "Yeah x3" (creativity that goes beyond your normal song naming skills)
James Brown - "I feel good"
NASA - "Apollo 11"

I hope you guys love me, because I love you!

http://soundcloud.com/ntommusic/kinetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcH4N3GYVuA

This song was based around subtleties. I know it seems very "bro"...very "frat", but I feel like it's a little more...educated. Like the jock who wears glasses and studies but is still a complete dick. There are small subtleties that happen in the music (mostly in the strings section)so try to look out for those ;)
Last edited by ntom on Thu May 17, 2012 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Terrific track dude!
Love it to bits :-)

Emerald Tablet wrote:Terrific track dude!
Love it to bits :-)
Thank you Remmie so much! I had a feeling this may make my audience's heads turn - and not necessarily looking at me. As someone already pointed out to me they were not happy with my new bro sound, but the point was to get those heads to turn :)

Care to take a stab at all the sources used?

to be honest
i dont have a clue :-)

I think I heard a little Jay Z in there ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:I think I heard a little Jay Z in there ...
Nope...really there were two artists I used in this song that I would be caught dead before listening to them.

I'm surprised no one has atleast mentioned they know where the "Do you Love Me?" lyrics came from.

To give a hint on the rapper saying "weak or strong", it's said he will return again if you say his name 3 times to a mirror.

ntom wrote:it's said he will return again if you say his name 3 times to a mirror.
OK, that's Biggie Smalls (got him and Jay Z mixed up) :oops: :)

thecontrolcentre wrote:OK, that's Biggie Smalls (got him and Jay Z mixed up) :oops: :)
Yup! He's one of those artists that I said I would be caught dead before listening to him. It's rather strange how I came about choosing what to sample. Aside from the "Do you Love me?" "Yeah" part, I hadn't really planned what to use. I just listened to miscellaneous acapellas and was like, "I think this would sound good in my song."

Ok "Do you love me" from the contours.
the other Notorious Big - Dead wrong.

"do you love me"

"The weak or the strong, who got it going on"

For those who missed it (not the riffraff - hopefully meffy will have that cleaned up soon) I am still offering that prize. Let me make this clear though: ALL vocal sounds are sampled from other songs, from the crowd shouting "yeah" to the miscellaneous scratchy throaty "WOWS!" I am certain these are going to be the ones to prove the most difficult to figure out their source. So...I will tell you what, I will raise the prize to $40 plugin or $30 gift card if you can figure out ALL sampled sources!

P.S.
I feel I should clarify, when I said "for those who missed it" I was talking about this topic and the prize. Also, witty comments appreciated. A dash of drama always makes my day more entertaining, but please save your comments to my other dastardly, menacingly, crude topics. You know, the ones where Hibidy joins in the fun too.

Just bumping it. I don't want anyone to miss out on a chance to with $40!
Come on now, atleast make a guess people! It's basically free money.

ntom wrote:For those who missed it (not the riffraff - hopefully meffy will have that cleaned up soon) I am still offering that prize.
ntom wrote:Just bumping it. I don't want anyone to miss out on a chance to with $40!
Come on now, atleast make a guess people! It's basically free money.
yeah ...
this thread really took off , after you cleared out the riff-raff ...
good work , Mr. Freed ...

:tu: :x :lol: :x :tu:

normal wrote:
yeah ...
this thread really took off , after you cleared out the riff-raff ...
good work , Mr. Freed ...

:tu: :x :lol: :x :tu:
Yeah I know it didn't exactly attract a lot of attention thereafter, but I didn't want the thread to wind up under lock and key.

To be honest, when I was writing this song I had a feeling people wouldn't be able to guess the sources.
the only vocals that were relatively left untouched by processing and effects were the Contours.
James Brown you barely notice because he doesn't really sing in the song just do "HEY!"s and "WOW!"s

Anyways, thanks everyone for listening :)

Return to “Music Cafe”