So this dude asked me to write a demo track for electronisounds.com-this is what I came up with?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SampleScience wrote:There's some true in what you're saying ghettosynth, I agree with some of your comments.
Yeah man, tnx.
The demo I prefer for this library is the one mabe by Junebug, the developper himself. It sound clear & it well mixed.
Sure, I wasn't commenting about mix as much as how well I "got" the library from the demos.
Based on your comment, maybe he should rename the library "Eclectic House"! :wink:
Something like that. The title should attract the market segment for the library. The current title is suggestive that folks like me might be the target market, but the demos aren't reaching me.
As for the thread poster, I really dig his tracks, amazing music! Maybe not well suited for the soundlib, but still, good stuff!! :love:
I didn't like them, but I was trying to convey that my opinion is just taste, different people like different things. When you attach it to a library, however, it's a problem if the demos aren't convincing in the style for the library, but, I'm repeating myself.
There's a funk night around here and I can totally imagine this being mixed there, people vibing out to it. I heard this via the music cafe playlist, and really dug it, so it's hilarious to me to see all this hubbub about the sample pack stuff.
House can be funky, it often is, but, house != funk. It's not a "funk" library, or a "fusion funk" library, it's a house library, and the OP's tracks are really far from house, and nor do they, for that matter, represent the "right sort of funk" for funky house.

I've noticed that of all of the people responding positively that have music on the web, none of them are predominately house music producers. In fact, of the tracks that I listened to, none were house. Only the most recent poster's tracks could be construed as a close cousin but, again, his tracks are not house.

faun2500 wrote:Nice song!
Wow....I'm Really diggen Shut it Down!!!!!!!! Damn BEAAAAACH!!!

http://soundcloud.com/100mg/100mg-shut-it-down-clip

Thanks for taking the time to post and your support! :)

padillac wrote:There's a funk night around here and I can totally imagine this being mixed there, people vibing out to it. I heard this via the music cafe playlist, and really dug it, so it's hilarious to me to see all this hubbub about the sample pack stuff.

to weigh in on that: :) I think one demo composed mostly of loops is good for a preview, and then a track like this where you drop the loops in a sampler and go crazy is cool to show off what you can do creatively with them 8)

Cool man padillac. That's verrrrrry nice to hear believe me you. :) On the other hand I do want to hear honest criticism even though it can be painful.

Thank you so much for your support. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”