Yun (ElectroProg - Seismic Ironic Subtlety)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Very enjoyable piece, Tim. :)

As always. :tu:
Blue Phase Music

polyslax wrote:Really nice heavy pads, sweet wormy arps, enough twists and turns to engage, cool enharmonic bits, wonderful rich string synths, loved the hihat pattern... I could go on... :) Great stuff as always Tim!
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments, Matt. Glad you enjoyed it.

Welcome back :)

seismic1 wrote:Welcome back :)
Time's a bit tight of late, and I'm in an extended sound design/sketch period.
Image Image

mikusan wrote:Cool, classy electro Tim. Fabbo sounds - fat bass, driving drums/percs, great mixture of pad types (fat, buzzy analogue and airy digital). And as ever, catchy as flip :D

Another great trip :)
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments, Mike :)

The buzzing was from a field recording of my fillings made during a remix session :lol:

The synth sounds are very warm. Yes, that's a tired, subjective term. But that's how they sound to me. :-)

Once the arps, leads, drums and strings kick around 1:00 things really get grooving. Felt like things lost a bit of energy in the transition around 1:30. But the variety kept coming along nicely after that to keep the track moving.

Really liked this one.

I like it! I really enjoy your warm, analogue-sounding compositions. I enjoy the mix and the use of tonal palettes. Nice compositional quality instead of just resorting to 'weirdness'. It's musical and well produced.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

4lb Kitty wrote:Very enjoyable piece, Tim. :)

As always. :tu:
Glad you enjoyed it, Kitty. Thanks very much for listening and commenting :)

seismic1 wrote:...The buzzing was from a field recording of my fillings made during a remix session :lol:
How we suffer for our art :hihi:

polyslax wrote:
Gainful employment, or a concept double album?

ecamburn wrote:The synth sounds are very warm. Yes, that's a tired, subjective term. But that's how they sound to me. :-)

Once the arps, leads, drums and strings kick around 1:00 things really get grooving. Felt like things lost a bit of energy in the transition around 1:30. But the variety kept coming along nicely after that to keep the track moving.

Really liked this one.
Thanks for listening and commenting, Eric. Glad you liked it :)

I wound things back after the intro because I felt that I needed a more sparse starting point to build from. I think things may have become a little too dense by the end of the track otherwise. Pacing these tunes can be a little tricky sometimes.

I revisited this 27 months after "completing" it. The basic structure of the track was left unchanged during the recent remix, but I spent a lot of time making little mods to the synth patches. I had a nasty resonance on one of the synths that had been there since the original recording. I only spotted that during the EQ session a couple of hours before finalising the track last week. I can't think how I didn't spot it before. I suppose I just became accustomed to that original sound. As soon as I dialled it out, the entire track became so much cleaner.

Brother Charles wrote:I like it! I really enjoy your warm, analogue-sounding compositions. I enjoy the mix and the use of tonal palettes. Nice compositional quality instead of just resorting to 'weirdness'. It's musical and well produced.
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments, Brother Charles. Glad you enjoyed it :)

My wife has been known to describe my music as weird :lol:

seismic1 wrote:
polyslax wrote:
Gainful employment, or a concept double album?
Heavens no... just getting on with a few projects around the house and haven't felt motivated to get down to the hard bits of making a track. That's how I work at least... there's the fun part where I record ideas, phrases, grooves, whatever... and then I roll up my sleeves and get down to business - that's the bit that takes a lot of focus and energy, and it's not really fun until it's done.
Image Image

I have already displayed my pleasure at listening to this all over the cloud, but another thumbs up from the munkey :D

polyslax wrote:
Heavens no... just getting on with a few projects around the house and haven't felt motivated to get down to the hard bits of making a track. That's how I work at least... there's the fun part where I record ideas, phrases, grooves, whatever... and then I roll up my sleeves and get down to business - that's the bit that takes a lot of focus and energy, and it's not really fun until it's done.
I think I'm in a similar boat to you there. About 85% of the tracks I complete are pieced together from blocks assembled during earlier sessions. These tracks typically take a fair bit of hammering into shape. Another 10% can just appear during a single sitting. Those are the interesting ones, where I just get lost for 10-12 hours, and sometimes a piece of music materialises, and I realise that I don't really know how it arrived, and even less, the influence that I had over this process :?

tehlord wrote:I have already displayed my pleasure at listening to this all over the cloud, but another thumbs up from the munkey :D
Thanks Geoff. It's very much appreciated :D

Return to “Music Cafe”