Electronical Jazz fusion stuff: listen

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool, fusion-like. Like the vocals they remind me a bit of Deep Forest :)

- Ulli -
Sunburn In Cyprus - Downtempo/Lounge/Pop/Electronic/Dub
Sunburn In Cyprus music site

TrekStar wrote:Thanks for your feedback dudes. :)
@choochcat: a mastering problem? Any proposals for a way out?
Erm...hmmm...erm...maybe one or more of:
Tough eqing on all the pads.
Switching at least one of the sounds to something with a good bit of high-frequency sparkle.
Sucking out some of those 200-500Hz frequencies.
Adding some compression on the bass, and pads.
Losing some reverb.

choochcat wrote:
TrekStar wrote:Thanks for your feedback dudes. :)
@choochcat: a mastering problem? Any proposals for a way out?
Erm...hmmm...erm...maybe one or more of:
Tough eqing on all the pads.
Switching at least one of the sounds to something with a good bit of high-frequency sparkle.
Sucking out some of those 200-500Hz frequencies.
Adding some compression on the bass, and pads.
Losing some reverb.
...aaa...I see. That's a good point. Thought that cymbals/flips/perc in the hi req range would be enough. To add some high silky pad component is a good idea!

Thanks for the hint :)

Anything with a doubled muted trumpet/vibes line gets me in a jazz frame of mind! :wink: I like the erosion of genre boundaries, which this does quite nicely. I'm digging this a lot! :)

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

This sounded a little chaotic the first time I listened, but the more I listen, the more it seems to gel. Love it :love:

Seems to have a sharper edge which a lot of jazzy stuff seems to lack. Love the live feel of the drums at the end, and all the sharp synthy effects - really freshen the feel.
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

@sic: Deep forest? You got me :D That's the natural reverb in my cave....

@Markleford: "erosion of genre boundaries"...thank you so much :oops: from this remark I can live for the rest of the week....!

@griels:....yes...you're right with your point about the little clutter. I was also already thinking if the arrangement is partially overloaded...but after several listenings it is hearable that all of these little details make sense. i hope so at least... :?

A really great one... T'was a big pleasure to listen to it. Please don't make it any longer. Don't destroy it's microcosm, coz that's what makes it so special.

What gear (hardware/vsti/samples) did you use?
WinXP * CubaseSX3 * Intel Core2Duo6800 * 2GB RAM * M-Audio 24/96

fantastico :D

this has to be the most cute and musical thing I heard on kvr so far, very impressed indeed :)

I love the almost holdsworth tones to the solo
the vocal is very cool indeed (nice find man)

please make a longer version, maybe you could chop the vocal up a bit more and make it longer.

Top stuff mr.

@psynus: thanks for your kind words mate! :) You're the first here who accepts the shortness of my songs. That's a relief. Really hard for me to make longer stuff. But I am working on it!
The instruments are only free VSTi's and free samples or at least have their origin on one of the ComputerMusic CD's. The host is Cubase SE.

Here's the list:

drums: electronic: SR202(free month stuff) / acoustic: RMF playing CM drums
bass: electronic: CM101 / acoustic: free Keys Kompakt player
DS404: TEG garden Tools, Piano, Pad, CM Trumpet
Crystal & FM carbon: various fx sounds
Synth1: solo syn, T.Conrady's "Lead3"
Plugsound free: vibes
phatmatik
FX: gsuite marshall dist

@topaz:.....glad u like :) 8) :)
Although I know that I play in an other league [hobby-musicians league] I feel VERY honoured that my tune reminded you of Mr. Holdsworth. Thank u topaz!! :roll:

TrekStar wrote:@psynus: thanks for your kind words mate! :) You're the first here who accepts the shortness of my songs.
Then please consider me the second: I love shorter song format! :D Really makes you decide what you want to say, instead of rambling on... (which I was totally guilty of back in my 4-track tape days!)

I wouldn't even think of lengthing this track!

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

hey gotta bump again, this is great :D

my 3 1/2 year old daughter wont stop hitting the play button on media player.

she luuuuves it (singing it all day)

:D :D

very original

I would not call it electronic fusion, it's just great music. please dont tie this to a genre.

TrekStar wrote: drums: electronic: SR202(free month stuff) / acoustic: RMF playing CM drums
bass: electronic: CM101 / acoustic: free Keys Kompakt player
DS404: TEG garden Tools, Piano, Pad, CM Trumpet
Crystal & FM carbon: various fx sounds
Synth1: solo syn, T.Conrady's "Lead3"
Plugsound free: vibes
phatmatik
FX: gsuite marshall dist
Yo, pretty impressive sounds for a freeware combo... Cool.
WinXP * CubaseSX3 * Intel Core2Duo6800 * 2GB RAM * M-Audio 24/96

@Markleford: yes I am also not a big fan of eternal recurrences in order to lengthen the tune...but I understand that a song has to have a certain "basic length". I started with 0:30, now I am at 2:30 and my aim is 5-6 minutes. :)

@topaz: thanks for sharing this nice little story :D That's really nice to hear. Cool that this tune pleases so different kinds of listeners. I hope the ear candy is not yet getting on your nerves...haha... :shock:

@psynus: yea...I love freeware...it's meanwhile a kind of sports of me to make music with the slight restricted possibilities of free VSTi's....

do you have any more music to download

love to hear more :)

the link to this track is dead :(

Return to “Music Cafe”