Garbage - Automatic Systematic Habit - Drumstep vs DnB Remix

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just finished this and would be interested in your feedback, particularly if you are a fan of either genre, or just like Garbage.

http://archive.org/download/Garbage-Aut ... sRemix.mp3

Hi Lady J,
Hope all is well. Friday nite must've been a tough sell.
As for my input - take it w/ a grain of salt. I like Garbage, dubstep not as much.

It might be the encoding, but the levels were kind of distorting for for me, esp at the beginning. Also, I would like some more panning involved. It sounds like most percs are mono'd and the synths go wide.

It is a really frenetic piece, but straight down the rails. I would love for filter sweeps that were a bit longer, and I could go for the dnb rhythms to be brought out more; a tough task given the fullness of the song.

The structure of it missed me at first - it's fast and the drops aren't pronounced so it feels a bit like a rush from the beginning to end. I am sure my ear was anticipating the Garbage Structure. I really loved the house-y stabs,too. They surprised me.

Hope that's worth reading. Good job keeping the elements clear and adding some interesting figures. I enjoy your offerings.
..what goes around comes around..

truth
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

ouroboros wrote:Hi Lady J,
Hope all is well. Friday nite must've been a tough sell.
As for my input - take it w/ a grain of salt. I like Garbage, dubstep not as much.

It might be the encoding, but the levels were kind of distorting for for me, esp at the beginning. Also, I would like some more panning involved. It sounds like most percs are mono'd and the synths go wide.

It is a really frenetic piece, but straight down the rails. I would love for filter sweeps that were a bit longer, and I could go for the dnb rhythms to be brought out more; a tough task given the fullness of the song.

The structure of it missed me at first - it's fast and the drops aren't pronounced so it feels a bit like a rush from the beginning to end. I am sure my ear was anticipating the Garbage Structure. I really loved the house-y stabs,too. They surprised me.

Hope that's worth reading. Good job keeping the elements clear and adding some interesting figures. I enjoy your offerings.
Thank you very very much for your feedback. I will go back to work on it using your input and maybe post another version of it next month.

Return to “Music Cafe”