November Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

peppy197 wrote:Even the DISNEY :P part of the question ??
I wouldn't dare to speak for Disney. Those mice play rough.
No longer a moderator.

I think I mentioned this before, but in case anyone wonders why I add the "/download" link to SoundCloud entries: it's because I have the SoundCloud player disabled (so all I see is a link), and I figure other people might too, and this way we still have a direct download link on the page whether we see the player or not.

Also, I'm having an impacted wisdom tooth and a molar extracted in a few hours. It'll probably go fine, but if you ask something and I don't answer it I'm likely on my bed gobbling pain pills and/or praying for death, not ignoring the question.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:My intent is to exclude vocals too, unless they're somehow made into percussion (beatboxing's the obvious example).
OK. Plan B then :hihi:

D.H. Miltz wrote: Also, I'm having an impacted wisdom tooth and a molar extracted in a few hours. It'll probably go fine, but if you ask something and I don't answer it I'm likely on my bed gobbling pain pills and/or praying for death . . .
OUCH

get better soonest
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Interesting picture collage of percussion instruments:

Percussion Instruments

i seeded 2 pianos and even a harpsichord in der :lol:
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

Was toying with about 3 ideas when yesterday on the way home a new one came to me that I think I'll follow up with. It's probably more work overall, but I think I'm going with this one.

D.H. Miltz wrote:

Also, I'm having an impacted wisdom tooth and a molar extracted in a few hours. It'll probably go fine, but if you ask something and I don't answer it I'm likely on my bed gobbling pain pills and/or praying for death, not ignoring the question.

dear me, I just went through similar. Its rough. But it passes, however slowly.
If you get a dry socket it can be attenuated. Use non-prescription Tylenol #1 OTC if needed. Ibuprofen is the best non-codeine pill for this type of pain because of its added anti-inflamitory effects, but NOT aspirin which is less good because of its anti-coagulant properties.

You will also come to beleive in the dec 21/2012 doomsday prophecy soon :-o

Take care of your pain and it will be OK

Pain can last from 3 days to three weeks (if a dry socket).
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

Thanks, Mister Natural and peppy197.

Unfortunately there was a complication that meant only the molar could come out. So after some test results come in (and probably more waiting on the insurance company for prior approval) I'll get to start again. It's all very discouraging.

On a positive note, I've had little pain post extraction (I suppose that'll come with the next one), and so far no sign of dry socket.

I have a feeling I'll be out this month contestwise.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:On a positive note, I've had little pain post extraction (I suppose that'll come with the next one), and so far no sign of dry socket.
Dang :(
I had them impacted wisdom teeth .. and boy were they impacted deep. So deep that the dentist, upon seeing the x-rays, said and I quote: Holy shit, nurse, come look at this!! Thank goodness for pain killers, yeah.
Get well soon!
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Thank you. I hope to.
No longer a moderator.

A reminder:
1 - Encoded in either .mp3 (192kbps or lower if fixed rate ... average of 192kbps or lower if VBR) or .ogg format (quality level 6.00 or lower)
No longer a moderator.

Anyone in particular get that wrong? I uploaded mine last night so wondering if it was me...

At work so can't check the default settings I used for VBR when I rendered it.

You and Emerald Tablet. You can re-up if you want, but you don't have to, just keep it in mind for future entries.
No longer a moderator.

OK, will keep an eye on that. I think it's probably because I changed it for something else then didn't think to change it back for the contest and just accepted the defaults.

If what I uploaded is OK I'll leave it then and fix it for next time.

Return to “Music Cafe”