Polyslax - Black Butterfly

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Machinedrum-centred groove with a bit of an Eastern vibe.

Black Butterfly

Also available at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/black-butterfly

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)

I've remixed this as a slightly more ambient track using the same sound sources with different processing.

Black Butterfly Remix

and at SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/black-butterfly-remix
Last edited by polyslax on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Slightly odd, sort of mystical track. Very enjoyable. Hmmm, now if I had access to a disused temple ... :hihi:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Cheers folderol. I happen to have a lightly used temple for sale... :)
Image Image

...and, put up a remix...
Image Image

folderol wrote:Slightly odd, sort of mystical track. Very enjoyable. Hmmm, now if I had access to a disused temple ... :hihi:
Watch X Factor?

That was fantastic. Loads to like on here. The Machinedrum stuff sounded really lively. The flute was a great touch and reminded me of some of the Tangerine Dream stuff from the '70s. Really atmospheric. There was a string sound on here that sounded like a 'tron. That really hit the spot. Eastern vibes as well.

Good work 8)

I'll check the remix later.

i'm going to side w/ the remix ...
no surprise there ...

they are both quite beautiful ...

Thanks a lot Tim, normal... think I'm with you normal, I prefer the darker, weirder remix.
Image Image

Just listened to the remix. Just for a second at the beginning I thought you were going to go all DnB on me. This version has some creepier vibes than the original. I love the panned percussion that appears throughout this version. It seems more effective here. I can't make my mind up which is better. I think I prefer the first upload. I reckon you should use the remix as the intro for the original and everyone will be happy.

Good work :)

These are both brilliant. The production is first rate. The use of panning is compelling without sounding contrived. The grove of the first is like what often takes a whole track to build up in one of your pieces but here it just is all the way trough and it works. (I'd like to hear more from you with this feature.) The second is slightly more typical of PolySlax track in terms of pace but the strong forth-world elements and organic sound sources tie the two together. To me they're two parts of a whole. Could be bookends for an album.

I like the remix version much better, the groove in the first version is cool, but gets really monotonous over time, guess I'm juts impatient kind of person. In the remix it all works nicely.

I like the Re-Mix as it, as it reminds me of 'Subway' on Seabiscuit LP by Spacetime continuem

Has a 'Ambient-Techno' feel to it, and the more recent label 'Chill-Step' feel.

Can't get enough.. :P

Proxima4 wrote:I like the Re-Mix as it, as it reminds me of 'Subway' on Seabiscuit LP by Spacetime continuem

Has a 'Ambient-Techno' feel to it, and the more recent label 'Chill-Step' feel.

Can't get enough.. :P
And a touch of 'Biosphere meets HIA' also.

Can't quite place where I heard of black butterflies after some nuclear event and mutations.

That machinedrum is the bizz. Quite an unusual tone to the eastern violin instrument, nice. Lots of space, and works well have some things like the piano figure low in the background.
Very cool.
I liked the more formless sparse Remix better I think.

What a lovely tune, the remix is brilliant. Thanks for sharing these! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Return to “Music Cafe”