please.. help me mix this monsterous WIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wouldn't use the main part as an intro (except if you write the whole song again), but you could either use a beat gradually coming in or something atmospheric (for example some wind flutes). I think a song should have a "theme" - in your case it would be "Chinese Fastfood", or something like this. Because a song with the title "fubby-4-wip" doesn't sound appealing to anyone...

I'm not really into the idea of having a theme necessarily. I think it would be disingenuous in my case. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular while I wrote this. The music speaks for itself. If it makes you think of something cool, but really to me it's just an abstraction. Not exactly expecting this to be chart topper so why put up a front?

....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

just my individual prospect!

greetings

wolf

TrekStar wrote:....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.
compositionwise the following annotations: the intro really catched my interest, but from 00:11 on I expected something new, building up, an increase. so that part from 00:11 - 00:49 could either be deleted or better filled with a better theme. from 00:49 on everything is ok. kinda strange experimental track with these detuned sounds but it has its charme.

greetings

wolf
Hey, my long lost brother, Id been wondering where you had got to, how you been keeping buddy :)

Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:....hmm... mix & soundwise I have nothing complain. it does not sound superduper polished sidechaincompressed funky pumping like a trance-track but as an experimental track it is also not forced to do so.

greetings

wolf
Hey, my long lost brother, Id been wondering where you had got to, how you been keeping buddy :)

....my goodness, trakstar, where have u been....are you sure you've spelt your name right?
ps: have you heard anything from trickstar?

Its fun, cheesy synth pop and DIFFERENT, and thats what makes it better than all the same crap thats out there, Character and Individuality!!!.

Time and practice my friend without allowing anyone to distract you from your own musical experiments and Im pretty sure one day you will make a darned good track, you see the main thing that is lacking these days is FRESH IDEAS AND INNOVATIONS so keep at it, soundwise it was quite fun to listen to on my cheapo crappy PC desktop speakers!! :tu:

TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:

greetings

wolf

....my goodness, trakstar, where have u been....are you sure you've spelt your name right?
No, but im sure he will be around here one of these days :hihi:
(thats a real character name that I invented by the way, coincidence?? :shock:)

Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:

greetings

wolf

....hahaha :D ...dude...didn't know that kvr can be also such a funny place. might be all the tr*kstar brothers could reunite the band for a big session... :D

TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:

greetings

wolf

....hahaha :D ...dude...didn't know that kvr can be also such a funny place. might be all the tr*kstar brothers could reunite the band for a big session... :D
Ill put a call out for Truckstar and Trickstir and see where they are :hihi:

Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:
TrekStar wrote:
Trakstar wrote:

greetings

wolf

Ill put a call out for Truckstar and Trickstir and see where they are :hihi:
:D :D :D ...ok... :hihi: ...I gues we should stop this nonsense and messing up stillshaded's thread. well, at least we deleivered several good meant bumps...

greetings

wolf

lol.. thanks for the perspective and the humorous banter. So it seems like I'm really just going to focus on the arrangement mostly. thanks again guys.

Return to “Music Cafe”