Got a new pooter

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi again,
Sorry about the incessant chatter :lol:

@bluebell

My sequencer is Rosegarden - I've been using that for years, and in spite of some quirks and problems it just perfectly suits my workflow.

I use no effects on Yoshimi apart from the built-in ones, which cover just about everything I need. However, the sound patches I make are very often multi-layer and multi-part.

Guitar goes into my soundcard clean via a simple pre-amp, then I use Timemachine to record the 'dry' signal, while listening via Rakarrack (usually with just some compression and reverb). I find this gives hassle-free clean recording while I get the vibe of playing to the effects.

A totally clean recording means it's possible to do some editing which will then be made quite invisible by adding effects on afterwards.

All finalised guitar parts are then loaded into Rosegarden so they play along with the MIDI tracks, which means I can match up levels and (if I want to) get really tight timing, making fine adjustments to the MIDI - usually I don't so much, as I want the music to 'breathe'.

Incidentally, on the rare occasions I do vocal work, I pass that through Jamin for both EQ and compression.

Mastering, as such, is a final clean-up, top and tail, done in Audacity, usually with a light skim with the fast look-ahead limiter, then level increase to -1dB. This ensures There is a good signal level, but it will never clip even with poorly designed decoders. I use LAME to produce VBR mp3 files, and oggenc for the ogg ones.

:phew:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I have heard you use Yoshimi before...here it sure sounds rich and full. Guitar gets a little overshadowed maybe, and could have been all through it.

very nice. Quite grand but a little sad, a anime vibe to it.

OK. this is perfect for me right now. It's 7.00am and I'm just waking up having that delicious cup of coffee and look what treat I find hear? Delicious music to go with my coffee. Thank you.

much enjoyed this fold, stellar production, normally dont let anything you do slide passed me this long without givin it an ear, glad i did.
nice one :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Once again, thank you very much for your support guys :)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Love this! The guitar is beautiful and really expands the piece. 8)
Image Image

A few of the chord changes made me think of pink floyd......possibly their track "great gig in the sky"

Heck, that's nice.

Well now, I really wasn't expecting this to surface again. Thanks a lot guys :hyper:

Caviar cafe is of the domain of unexpected.

folderol wrote:Well now, I really wasn't expecting this to surface again. Thanks a lot guys :hyper:
I have a tendency to resurrect things when people comment on my tracks =)

that was a really nice tune! :)

i am getting ready to overhaul my PC too.. only one SSD on my budget though.. heh..

Return to “Music Cafe”