December Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

More ideas for the contest.

Acoustic Trance:
All sounds must be acoustic included the drums, but it must have a Trance song structure with the typical Trance stuff. Filtered arpeggios, huge pads, 4x4 floor beat. Etc. Vocals allowed (with delay)

This way, people who usually compose with guitars and acoustic stuff, will be pleased. And at same time, people who compose Trance electronic music, will find more ideas into acoustic sounds.

Have a good day and Merry Christmas everybody :)

Going to have to bow out this month :(

I had an idea that I just won't have time to follow up with so will have to jump on next month's contest instead.

Been totally stumped for the contest this month so last night I just threw a bunch of the drum tracks into my daw and soloed them one at a time and jammed over them. Pretty fun and some neat results but nothing very anthemic, then Doc Jon's led me to a folksy anti-anthem type of thing so I might go in that direction. Hopefully will have time to finish, but may end up submitting something a little half-baked just to participate. (long as it's not too embarrassing...) :oops:

IrionDaRonin wrote:More ideas for the contest.

Acoustic Trance:
All sounds must be acoustic included the drums, but it must have a Trance song structure with the typical Trance stuff. Filtered arpeggios, huge pads, 4x4 floor beat. Etc. Vocals allowed (with delay)

This way, people who usually compose with guitars and acoustic stuff, will be pleased. And at same time, people who compose Trance electronic music, will find more ideas into acoustic sounds.

Have a good day and Merry Christmas everybody :)
Cool idea! That could yield some very interesting tracks. Might have to try it myself even if it's not a contest - but I hope it is. Merry Christmas! :)

evo2slo wrote:may end up submitting something a little half-baked just to participate
I think mine will fall into this category too.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:
evo2slo wrote:may end up submitting something a little half-baked just to participate

This is a picture of a "mi-cuit" , it is actually delicious . One of my favourite cakes actually.

Please give us a taste.

Ooh, that "mi-cuit" looks yummy!

D.H. Miltz wrote:
I guess the month of december is a very busy month in itself (in the western world at least). :shrug:

Quite true but it also turned out to be a fairly daunting theme this month.

Generally speaking, I think that are too basic approaches to this theme. The first, which those already in probably employed, was to find an interesting percussion piece and compose something that fits well within it.

The second, which some besides myself might have tried, was to pick an entry from last month and try to compose something, shall we say, less rigorously, and then attempt to marry the two. The results, of course, tend to be not quite as satisfactory. Not 'tight' as some might put it.

Nobody wants to massacre someone else's work. If this was a traditional collaboration we would communicate about the necessary changes and either decide to make them or scrap the whole idea. Unfortunately in this case we pretty much only have the latter option.

On the bright side, you've got at least half a dozen really nice entries.

It would have been great to have had more than just a handful of last month's percussion pieces used but I wouldn't abandon challenging contest themes based on just this experience.

Just two more entries and I won't have to change the wording on my generic voting thread document.
No longer a moderator.

I'm almost there... so one more. Perfect chance to get into the winning 10.

Very sorry about me not showing up this month, guys.

Apart from a challenging theme, December is the most stressful month for parents.

Hint: In this silly country we have 3 (three. 1. 2. 3) &%$!ing Santas.

Merreee X Matt
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Aziraphal wrote:Hint: In this silly country we have 3 (three. 1. 2. 3) &%$!ing Santas.
That means feeding kids with presents three times in a row? No biggie. We were having hanukkah when kids are getting stuff 7 (1.2.3.4.5.6.7) times in a row, then st.Nicholas birthday and now the tree....

I'm not entering this month. Just too much work, both in my job and to create the track. Good luck to all involved though.

Was thinking about ideas for next month and my wife suggested a super hero theme song. Not a bad idea in my opinion. It doesn't have to be for any existing superhero.

Thank you gigue07 for using my theme for your Anthem of the Forest. I will be playing it later on for our Christmas tree when our guests arrive. Merry Christmas & Peace to everyone else.
Thanks to evo2slo for a piece of protest song . I am all with you.

Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month is a free for all. (Merry Xmas, GMoneh.) Still a three minute limit. But we're going to try lifting the quality setting/bitrate limit. We'll see what happens.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”