December Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big kudos to D.H. Miltz for all the hard work in keeping this thing going during 2012. :hail:

Even some of us who don't participate nearly often enough can still appreciate the fact that we can do so whenever we get the urge.

:band:

sorry, couldn't finish my anthemical attempt. suddenly there were several unexpected things to do. so next month then. anyway, a big thanks to Uncle Danny for doing the monthly contest sine ira et studio!

cheers and creme

mell :) :clap:
"It dreamed itself along"

evo2slo, I have to admit your submission artwork is fairly confusing, even by my own standards, I see someone who looks like a female Greek statue, rising her hand in gesture of Roman salute, while being blindfolded with Polish flag... :help:

ClaRaGo wrote:Thank you gigue07 for using my theme for your Anthem of the Forest. I will be playing it later on for our Christmas tree when our guests arrive. Merry Christmas & Peace to everyone else.
Thanks to evo2slo for a piece of protest song . I am all with you.
You are welcome ClaRaGo. Wish you and all KVRians all the best stuff in the coming years.
Cheers,
g7
Last edited by gigue07 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zombie Queen wrote:evo2slo, I have to admit your submission artwork is fairly confusing, even by my own standards, I see someone who looks like a female Greek statue, rising her hand in gesture of Roman salute, while being blindfolded with Polish flag... :help:
haha, yeah I can see how it looks to fit that description. It's actually a statue by an American artist that represents a woman standing at the bow of a boat, holding a curled up flag in her left hand while reaching "forward" with the other. It stands in front of the Wisconsin Senate building and was blindfolded with an American flag during a protest last year. To me there seemed to be many connections between the image and the spirit of my track, but I think it could have been stronger if I hadn't tampered with the original image so much that it's unrecognizable. :oops:

By the way, brilliant scientific voting method you've devised... great system! 8)

@ClaRago: Thanks for the support my brother! Your "mi-cuit" pic was the inspiration I needed to get my track submitted in time. :)

Thanks, rp314 and mello.
No longer a moderator.

Free for All is a good idea at the moment, but not even a little twist? How about 'a little silence', requirement to include at least 1/4 second of continuous silence in between the first and last audible moment of submission?

Nah, just pure unadulterated free-for-all.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month is a free for all. (Merry Xmas, GMoneh.) Still a three minute limit. But we're going to try lifting the quality setting/bitrate limit. We'll see what happens.
Yay! Sadly I wasn't able to participate in the December one due to a huge workload that has come my way. I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'll do my best to have something for January. I'll start right away :)

Don't have time for reviews this month, so I'm afraid I outsourced them.

Merry whatever, everyone! :party:

P.S. Clever voting scheme, ZQ. I like how your 'enjoyed it' scores are pretty much the inverse of your 'antheminess' scores. Sane man. Anthems are suspicious things.

Barnadine wrote:Don't have time for reviews this month, so I'm afraid I outsourced them.
:lol: That's very funny ! I like the perspective... :tu:

Barnadine wrote:Merry whatever, everyone! :party:
Cheers :party:

Thanks, Barnadine. I enjoyed those reviews.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Thanks, Barnadine. I enjoyed those reviews.
+1

:lol: :D

evo2slo wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:Thanks, Barnadine. I enjoyed those reviews.
+1

:lol: :D
+1 +1!

Just great! :D

"People were laughing when Microsoft Songsmith was released. Who's laughing now?"
Priceless! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci1K9Zcwvy4

+1 (that was funny)

Return to “Music Cafe”