December Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Barnadine wrote:outsourced them.
unable to delete laughter. fullstop. :lol:
"It dreamed itself along"

Barnadine wrote:Don't have time for reviews this month, so I'm afraid I outsourced them
Thanks for the reviews Barnadine - hilarious! :lol:

Jon

Barnadine wrote:Don't have time for reviews this month, so I'm afraid I outsourced them.
great and funny idea!! :)

...and thanks to everyone who voted for me, :love: thanks alot for your 10 points,
barnadine

Thanks, ClaRago.
No longer a moderator.

Some thoughts on this month's entries. Only my opinion, so to be taken with a large pinch of salt!

Barnadine - GlobalOmniCorpAustralia
A very anthem-like composition, and I enjoyed the humour in this one. Made me think of the deranged overseeing robotic character in the 'Portal' game my son plays. I couldn't quite make out the words in the final phrase.

beanpole - Unheard Anthem
The tune is there, but the instrumentation feels a bit lacking in punch, and maybe could have been a bit wider - the drum track seems to occupy a lot more width than the other instruments.

ClaRago - The Electric Nation
A very 80's vibe to this one, love that 'hadron swipe' in the middle, with the arpeggios behind it. Not quite sure about the vocal melody, for my taste it seems a bit too free-form and not quite fitting with the lyrics. Nice choice of sounds.

DHMiltz - HappyistheLand
Very nice, and an original take on the theme. National Anthem meets Protest Song. Great sounds, well blended with the rhythm track.

docjon - forwdjistan
I really love this track, so full of life. Forw's drum track was already full of energy, and this takes it to another level. Is it a national anthem? Without the accompanying text I'm not entirely sure, but it is a great track.

evo2slo - FlagFree
Very well-crafted, good sounds, meaningful lyrics. I feel it's maybe more of a song than an anthem, but then that's in keeping with the lyrics.

forw - calibu
Nice instrumentation and lyrics, well-blended with the rhythm track when it starts up. For some reason I kept expecting to hear a line about potassium exports :)

Gigue07 - Anthem of The Forest
I think the piano part might have been nice in its own right, but I couldn't really follow it properly behind the percussion part - not sure they really work together, to my ears.

LagunaRising - TheRealmOfAbsurdia
Conjures up images of wandering round an old-fashioned fairground, with everything clamouring for attention in all directions. Kind of creepy in its own enjoyable way! I didn't expect anyone to use my drum track with its varying time-sigs - by just using the intro you got round that problem, but I felt that was maybe bending the rules a litle bit :)

Nahkorava - Al Nomadistan
I really like the sounds and middle-eastern vibe here. Glad you kept the 'ooh yeah' bits from the rhythm track! The panning feels a little awkward on headphones

nikp2000 - poppunk anthem
Nice idea, well played. I would have liked the guitars to be a bit more prominent compared to the drums, which have a lot of impact due to their snappiness and stereo width.

RuediRena - Piraty Arktikij
I don't know what the song's about, but it really feels like it fits the title. Modern-day pirates, having consumed a few bottles too many of the local equivalent of rum, getting together for a slurred sing-song. There are some very deep thumping sounds from ZQ's rhythm track which don't feel quite right in this context, otherwise the atmosphere is great.

zombiequeen - automatonia
Quirky, as expected from ZQ. Made me think of some early Floyd/Syd Barrett music.

Happy New Year everyone! :wheee: :hug:

Thanks, kryptonaut. And Happy New Year to you too.
No longer a moderator.

thanks for your review, krypto!

Thanks krypto for your review. Will do better next time.

Happy New Year to everyone. As always, be well and happy.

Cheers,
g7

Thanks for the reviews kryptonaut!
Hope you all have a great new year's eve! Cheers!!! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”