December Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, mine's up. I used Mellotronaut's 'Boats Talk' as my percussion track, and five instances of Kamioooka modular synth. I found Kamioooka's UI very appealing, and it was pretty intuitive to use. On the whole it performed well, a few little glitches but excellent value for money! :)

I have to say I really enjoy the way the Cafe contests push you to try things you wouldn't normally do...

I may have missed this question, so at the risk of being redundant, are any of the plug ins that we can choose from RTAS? As I work with Pro Tools and don't have the VST wrapper, I would need RTAS. I did look through the windows plug ins, but didn't have anything jump out at me.

Any help would be most appreciated.

And to Evo2slo, congrats on your win last month.

Walt
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.

I don't recall any of the entries having RTAS version. But you could use some of soundware submissions, these two are simply collections of wavs:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/modulok-by-waveshaper
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-pen ... e-stopover

No longer a moderator.

rp314 wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:Yikes, did I break the contest?
Being omniscient regarding such imponderables here's what's happening:

Folks have come up with some really bizarre stuff that's either still getting cooked up or they're sitting on trying to figure out whether to join in at all.

Once the first one shows the world his funky tune, the others will suddenly find the courage to do the same.

Otherwise, as the closing date nears, if hardly any entries are in, the lure of the better chances to win will probably come into play.

The first time I entered the contest years ago, I got my tune in, as usual, right before the closing bell, which got the number of entries up to 20.

So what if there aren't many KVRIans in it this month? As long as it's at least a handful the contest will continue on. Besides, on the bright side, the fewer the entries, the fewer who might be disappointed. :wink:
No doubt you're right.
No longer a moderator.

kryptonaut wrote:Well, mine's up. I used Mellotronaut's 'Boats Talk' as my percussion track, and five instances of Kamioooka modular synth. I found Kamioooka's UI very appealing, and it was pretty intuitive to use. On the whole it performed well, a few little glitches but excellent value for money! :)

I have to say I really enjoy the way the Cafe contests push you to try things you wouldn't normally do...
Hey kryptonaut!

i'd never have thought, someone used my track for this contest. moreover, the result is so krautily pleasing to my ears! :love: :hug:

mell :)
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:Hey kryptonaut!

i'd never have thought, someone used my track for this contest. moreover, the result is so krautily pleasing to my ears! :love: :hug:

mell :)
Thanks for the kind words, fellow 'naut :)
It was good fun putting it together - I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with!

props to kryptonaut for being first to jump in!
nice track, I have to give that vocoder a try, too!

Thanks forw - I forgot to mention on the submission thread, the vocoder I used is the built-in one from Magix Samplitude. The carrier signal I used for it was generated by Kamioooka, the voice was my own. I augmented the vocoded signal with a bit of HPF-ed + processed vocal, to try to make the speech a bit more intelligible.

kryptonaut wrote:Thanks forw - I forgot to mention on the submission thread, the vocoder I used is the built-in one from Magix Samplitude. The carrier signal I used for it was generated by Kamioooka, the voice was my own. I augmented the vocoded signal with a bit of HPF-ed + processed vocal, to try to make the speech a bit more intelligible.
ah, interesting, thanks!

[OT]@ SoundCloud

Sorry to bother, but we are witnessing how money and big business is grabbing a community we so much grew to like as some of you guys we are sure.

Please consider to join this group:

http://soundcloud.com/groups/the-societ ... soundcloud

Let's not be quiet!

Theme suggestion for January: a piece in two movements or sections, one part representing the old year and one the new.

Here's the deal: if your fine entry is the only one this month, you and Mello get to split up all of the prizes and decide on next month's theme.

It's a 'Naut Xmas! :party: :band:

:hihi:

kryptonaut wrote:I have to say I really enjoy the way the Cafe contests push you to try things you wouldn't normally do...
Well said ! I enjoy the way I have to twist and bend my (already twisted in itself) stuff and force it to fit the monthly contest rules

:hyper:

I look forward to start working on my entry as soon as I get home tomorrow evening...

:)

rp314 wrote:Here's the deal: if your fine entry is the only one this month, you and Mello get to split up all of the prizes and decide on next month's theme.

It's a 'Naut Xmas! :party: :band:

:hihi:
:oops: all the prices to Kryptonaut! my _nauty part just got a Spline EQ from Photosounder and i'm quite happy with it.
i haven't even an idea yet ... so my fellow _naut gets the prices and we begin again ... :hihi: :P
"It dreamed itself along"

Return to “Music Cafe”