Itch (ElectroProg - Seismic Surface Scratching)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TrekStar wrote:I enjoyed the listen. nice and well balanced synth-sounds :!:

cheers

wolf

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, wolf. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Gotta love that energyXT synth :tu:

layzer wrote:nice composition here, tim! like the others, i got the action show vibe as well.... like, a spy vs. spy thing. :hihi:

gotta love EXT2. :love:

ps. watch your inbox, email soon!
Thanks for the comments and for listening, Dave. Glad you liked it :)

...........watching.......

Hey Tim!!!...you know what I think is SO cool about this track is it leaves the listener in constant suspense? You know? The listener wonders what interesting sonic goodness is going to pop out of the lush labyrinth? I didn't read all the other posts so if this was already asked sorry but what instruments-reverbs-eqs and the like did you use on this lovely track?

(...trying to catch up on my listening...)
Great stuff here Tim, I'm definitely getting that 80s action movie feel (I remember the movie, didn't it have Gene Simmons (sans Kiss makeup) as the villain? Oy, that's one face that should've stayed hidden :hihi: )...

As always, there's a fine sense of progression that makes the track seem shorter than it actually is, and your sound choices are spot-on. Speaking of which, Jorgen should surely be paying you for showing off the capabilities of EnergyXT... :)

Can quite put me fingers on this style but doesn't really matter Tim sounded really cool man, some blend of 80's and 90's electronic journey productions and quite well done/produce.

You have create really nice and evocative soundscape around this whole track --> that's what make this really sweet man :D

All the best,

Darek
I like that freedom with no boundaries, no restrictions, no rules setup by somebody else – it's only me and my music.

fateamenabletochange wrote:very cool arranging. Sounds like lots of attention to detail. And a bit more reverb on this than some of your others perhaps. Very cool deep watery bass sound.

good job.

btw, wouldn't have thought Zebra would dent an i5 much.
Thanks for listening and the great comments, fatc. Glad you liked it :)

Lots of long reverb and delay on those synths this time. All built in.

I used the CSR Plate on the percussion, but I went for shorter reverb times on these. I tend to keep the reverb effect fairly subtle on the percs.

I really like the sound of Zebra. Maybe after Xmas........

seismic1 wrote: ...........watching.......

Got it :)

any1particular wrote:Hey Tim!!!...you know what I think is SO cool about this track is it leaves the listener in constant suspense? You know? The listener wonders what interesting sonic goodness is going to pop out of the lush labyrinth? I didn't read all the other posts so if this was already asked sorry but what instruments-reverbs-eqs and the like did you use on this lovely track?
Thanks very much for listening, Chuck. Glad you liked it :)

Time for a beer.

All EnergyXT Synths used their own Reverb and/or Delay
The mix was eq'd using EnergyXT.

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.2/Remixed in EnergyXT2.6
EnergyXT Synthesizer
Cubix
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
IK Classik Studio Reverb (Plate)
EnergyXT Compressor
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

mikusan wrote:(...trying to catch up on my listening...)
Great stuff here Tim, I'm definitely getting that 80s action movie feel (I remember the movie, didn't it have Gene Simmons (sans Kiss makeup) as the villain? Oy, that's one face that should've stayed hidden :hihi: )...

As always, there's a fine sense of progression that makes the track seem shorter than it actually is, and your sound choices are spot-on. Speaking of which, Jorgen should surely be paying you for showing off the capabilities of EnergyXT... :)
Thanks for checking this out, Mike. Glad you liked it :)

Yes, Gene Simmons was in the film, but Kiss were one of those bands I never really "got" :(

I don't think Jorgen has been here for over a year. I may have to migrate :shock:

Really grew on me the more I listened. For some reason I was thinking of Australia the whole way through , but particularly the mad max films , because of that initial metallic sounding bass stab.
For what its worth , the bass ending sounds good to me. I thought " he coulda ended it on a quadruplet , just like he used throughout the track " but the more I thought about it , it just felt ok the way it is.

TranceLover007 wrote:Can quite put me fingers on this style but doesn't really matter Tim sounded really cool man, some blend of 80's and 90's electronic journey productions and quite well done/produce.

You have create really nice and evocative soundscape around this whole track --> that's what make this really sweet man :D

All the best,

Darek
Hey Darek,

Good to see you here again. Thanks for listening and for the great comments. Glad you liked it :)

I quite like doing these pieces that don't sit easily with popular mythology, but it's not for want of trying :hihi:

2NDMOUSE wrote:Really grew on me the more I listened. For some reason I was thinking of Australia the whole way through , but particularly the mad max films , because of that initial metallic sounding bass stab.
For what its worth , the bass ending sounds good to me. I thought " he coulda ended it on a quadruplet , just like he used throughout the track " but the more I thought about it , it just felt ok the way it is.
Thanks for listening and the comments, 2M. Glad you liked it :)

Australia.....I've never been there. I had a visa once, but never used it. I never made it past the Far East.

I didn't really "get" The Mad Max films when they first came out. It took me about 10 years to get my head around them, but I quite enjoy watching on late-night TV if they're on these days.

Glad you liked the ending :D

Final pre-Christmas bump, 'cos the next track is taking longer to jumpstart than anticipated.

Really good sounds. The composition is great, too, especiallay the part at around 5:26. A lovely track.

Edit: The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Can you explain how you got that first melody sound starting at 0:09?
My music on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/vesereva
On SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/vesereva

Gear: AKAI MPKmini, Behringer BCF2000, Studio One 2 Producer, Notion 3, ESI nEar 05, DC1A, NoiseMaker

Thanks very much for listening, vesereva. Glad you liked it :)

The synth sound at 0:09 is the same patch as the sound used for the bass at the beginning of the track. It's an EnergyXT patch called LD Trance HB which I think I got from the EnergyXT website about 4 years ago. This probably won't help you much because I don't think the download is still available and The EnergyXT synthesizer is only available as part of the purchase of the EnergyXT sequencer. The melody came together just jamming around on the keyboard and in the sequencer. I tend to have 2 or 3-hour sessions every month or so where I just play around with sounds, melodies, riffs, basslines etc. I might save 10-20 of these and then revisit them later. Sometimes much later.

Return to “Music Cafe”