Dream The Night Electro

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm going out to look at lounge furniture and vacuum cleaners in half-an-hour :shock:

This was a really fun listen, thanks!

Now, I'm a late-comer to this party, because back when this kind of music came out, I hated hated HATED it. I was very snobbish about people being able to play instruments (vs. programming it in a sequencer). The only synth band I could endure was Depeche Mode, but only after they jettisoned Vince Clarke.
Nowadays, though, I've been working my way back, and I can appreciate what went on at the time a LOT more. I've grown to love these old synth sounds, and this song just hit the spot. Well done! :tu:

I like the rough mix, by the way, and an arrangement can never be too complex for me. I love digging up the details when I'm listening, and there are plenty of nice details in here.

ariston wrote:The only synth band I could endure was Depeche Mode, but only after they jettisoned Vince Clarke.
You are clearly a man with refined tastes. :D

@Himalaya: Just kidding.

@FrantzM: now this sounds like a New Year's party :)

Telex sounds Gary Numan-ish, minimal, great bass.
FrantzM wrote:The most direct influence DAF had was on Nitzer Ebb. Their first album sounds like DAF on steriods with the aggression turned way up. Many EBM bands copied the sound of Nitzer Ebb's first two albums.
Actually I thought Nitzer Ebb was a version of NIN with the aggressions turned down :P

LCD Soundsystem I have mixed feelings about, some tracks are great electronic tracks, others are well.. less so I guess
himalaya wrote:Oh yes! I love the whole DM discography. The happy, the dark, the mad..the whole lot.
I know what you mean, I love all phases too, some people seem to have forgotten that they exist, or ever existed. But even the last 2 albums I think are quite good, Playing the Angel and SOTU, Ben Hillier's production gave them a dirtier sound, keeping complex arrangements in some tracks where you lose track of how many different synths you heard :)

Like this one, Ghost vailable on the boxset version of SOTU:
http://youtu.be/bMrZSidHID4

Digging up some of the suggestions you guys made and couldn't help to post this one :D
...Philip Oakey's hair, light pink suits, Virginia Madsen... ah the 80's... hehe..
http://youtu.be/PE1lzqJCeJ0

Mariosprt wrote:@FrantzM: now this sounds like a New Year's party :)
Yeah, it's party time! :party:
Mariosprt wrote: Actually I thought Nitzer Ebb was a version of NIN with the aggressions turned down :P
Nitzer Ebb released their first single in 1985. Pretty Hate Machine came out in 1989.
Mariosprt wrote: LCD Soundsystem I have mixed feelings about, some tracks are great electronic tracks, others are well.. less so I guess
I'm not a big fan of the LCD Soundsystem either. I posted that track because they used the Telex bassline.

Return to “Music Cafe”