January Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aziraphal wrote:Are crap reviews better than nothing?
No such thing as crap reviews. Thanks for taking the time for writing your thoughts.
Aziraphal wrote:GMoneh - TheDarknessBeforeDawn
Very lovely piano and effective a-b-a form, could wish for more harmonic development at the beginning but overal I love it. A lot.
Thank you very much for your words. Means a lot.

D.H. Miltz wrote:For next month, a broadened version of a suggestion from kryptonaut:
This month you are asked to submit an entry with two sections or movements. The sections should represent related concepts (e.g., the old year and the new; night and morning; climbing and being climbed).
With the same 3 minute time constraint or would there be more time to accomodate the two parts?

Aziraphal wrote: vicdiesel - thirdcandle
This was an unexpected thing in the playlist! A flute trio for a shaman's funeral? Loved it.
"A trio for a shaman's funeral"? That's definitely not a crap review. Thanks for the review and the vote!

Victor.

Aziraphal wrote:LagunaRising - SteamWhat
Loved the improvisation guitar jam, somehow less the synth parts. Has a greasy sausage fullness to the sound.
:hihi:

Thanks Matt!
I like that

:lol:

this month I made time to write some notes :
broodkill - could not get this to play . . . sorry

Emerald - lovely little pleasant counterpoint that's light & refreshing

Krytponaut - cool syncopations between the bass guitar, drums & piano lines. Get's a little lost in it's busyness followed by the drone of snow

spirulence - cool atmosphere that get's bogged-down by the repetitive filter sweep on the pad. really like the B section lead

ClaRago - really like this musical language with nice changes & great piano part. Nice counterpoint at the end

SoughtAfterSounds - pretty straightforward harmony here. Excellent piano work

Hellfog - A swedish tango. Piano is the perfect transition. Very nice

Zabrilla - one surpise after the next - where are we going on this trip ? Adore the atonal bits

folderol - love the autoharp, love the changes - wish the flute had more variety of tone

Spirul & Folderol - sounds like the glass singing sweetly

slatibartfast - sweet & dreamy synthpop. Really nice transition to the middle with great construction

VicDiesel - nice melodies & dissonanace. Performance is kinda rough - I would have voted for this in the top ten had the performance been more confident & polished

bzur - great piano lines. Nice development - where is the harmony going next ? Marching percussion doesn't quite fit for me

Laguna Rising - like a "jam band" tune with no tonic. Love it

beanpole - one of your best efforts yet although you gotta do something about the string noise between chord

klawire - huge action picture in my mind

Miltz - stop torturing that puppy, please. Really like the atmoshere of your acoustic here

ShangSean - another huge action picture soundtrack, this one with a horror angle

Aziriphal - Queen just called & they want their vocal harmonies & drama back :=)

Irion - Really like how this piece is constructed, how it "lifts" & then a funky little groove sets in

peppy197 - love the piano lines, your Strat sounds fantastic (but then, I am a bit biased :=)

GMoneh - great introspective piano with really nice construction

forw - again, the over-arching theme of atonal this month from many participants. Love where this one goes & how it gets there

muttdavvg - kinda like a 21st century "round". This could develop . . . forever. Love the bassline

PeterHud - intro doesn't seem to mesh with the A section. Again, sweet dissonance

evo2slo - "Hold your shadow tight", God, I wish I'd written that line ! I really wanna hear an 18 minute "freak-out" version of this song

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

robojam wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:For next month, a broadened version of a suggestion from kryptonaut:
This month you are asked to submit an entry with two sections or movements. The sections should represent related concepts (e.g., the old year and the new; night and morning; climbing and being climbed).
With the same 3 minute time constraint or would there be more time to accomodate the two parts?
The same 3 minute constraint.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks for the reviews, Aziraphal and Mister Natural.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks for all the reviews, amazing. :D

Next month I will set aside time to contribute with my thoughts on all of the tracks submitted.

Thanks for your reviews and kind comments Aziraphal and Mr Natural.

Next months theme sounds interesting. I have been dreaming up some ideas - I hope I get time to execute them.

Cheers....
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

Mister Natural wrote:GMoneh - great introspective piano with really nice construction
Thanks for the review, much appreciated.

Mister Natural wrote:Laguna Rising - like a "jam band" tune with no tonic. Love it

Thanks for the reviews guys, they are much appreciated. I wanted to write some this month but unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll have time, with so many entries. The notes I took when auditioning for voting are not really good enough to publish! I'll try to be more organised next month.

A question to bzur about your votes, which are numbered in the opposite order to everyone else's. Do your numbers represent points, or 'chart position' - i.e. was Aziraphal your favourite, or Zabrilla?

Thanks for the votes and reviews guys. Greatly appreciated.

I couldn't find enough time to comment on the tracks the complex way i usually do. But i could put a list of a couple of words for each one i was making while listening all tracks between yesterday and today.
I know some of them won't have too much meaning, but well, these were the first two words that came into my mind when listening the tracks, but really i could do anything more.
Here goes.
  • Broodkillphill - Dirty Harmony
    Emerald Tablet - Beautiful Balad
    kryptonaut - Jazzy NyanCat
    Spirulence - Futuristic Heartbeat
    ClaRago - Riding Carrousel
    Soughtafter Sounds - Gothic Balad
    Hellfog - Expressive Feeling
    Mister Natural - Atonal Caribbean
    Zabrilla - Scifi Multisounds
    Folderol - Relaxing Day
    Spirulence/Folderol - Distant Hope
    Slartibartfast - Flying Dream
    VicDiesel - Flutish Harmonies
    bzur - Hidden Secrets
    Laguna Rising - Funky Guitars
    beanpole - Happy Times
    klawire - Epic Moment
    D.H. Miltz - Abstract Innocence
    Shangsean - Organic Machine
    Aziraphal - Marvellous Work
    peppy197 - Different Contrast
    nikp2000 - Random Alternative
    Gmoneh - Heartbreaking Beauty
    Forw - Dark Mind
    mutt davvg - Electric Jungle
    Peterhud - Urban Analogia
    evo2slo - Awesome Lyrics
I know this is nothing compared with the feedback i got from you, sorry for that.

Have a nice day and keep up the awesome work :)

Thanks again everyone for the votes,comments and critics. I enjoyed listening to all of the tracks and reading all the gossips. See you in Feb hopefully.

IrionDaRonin wrote:Gmoneh - Heartbreaking Beauty
Thanks, Irion, can't imagine a better two word compliment for my piece. Means a lot coming from you.

Return to “Music Cafe”