bluedad cover project 1 Norwegian Wood

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man, this is great work!!! Such a cool song too!

I had no idea blue could sing, fantastic job on this. :love:

Blue can sing!!! :hihi:

Thanks for sharing this, now more please.

BradColeman wrote: I think your voice sounds quite similar to McCartneys.. but maybe' it's just me ;)
Well thanks for that! I learned how to sing and do harmonies from the Beatles. I can't hide it, and have
learned to embrace it. :hihi:
@folderol - many thanks!
@ mr me - Surely at some time through the yrs here you've heard me sing; 99% of my stuff is vocal tunes.
Thanks for the listen!

Lovely stuff :clap:
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Watto wrote:Lovely stuff :clap:
thank you, my friend!

Thanks for sharing Gary. Loved it!
Was listening to some old KVR tracks today on random play at work. Heard some vurt, kriminal and donkey tugger. Was hoping one of yours came up.... maybe tomorrow ;-)
Paul

oh, you done that nice Gary... and its really difficult (or, it was) for me to listen to any Beatles cover (or really any Beatles songs) just because i was in a band for a long time with John Lennon's evil twin and it didnt end well, i mean really badly... and i was also in a band that covered that very song in a more alt-country bent... but i digress

uh yeah, sure this song is somewhat easy to learn the chord changes, i'll grant you that, but ii never thought it was particularly easy to sing or do the harmonies and it sounded to me like you were spot on, instrumentation was a bit mmmm i dont know, happier or something? but it suited the song well and didnt really try to copy the original too much. the mix was nice, lots of room for everything it seemed if that makes sense

tl;dr: i liked it, hope it helps you "get back on the horse" you're off to a fine start :)

Well done. :)
Thanks for sharing.

BradColeman wrote:I think your voice sounds quite similar to McCartneys.. but maybe' it's just me ;)
I was going to say Lennon since Gary's voice reminded me greatly of the original.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I was absolutely mad for this track as a kid and listened to it quite a bit. This is a great rendition of it, I like the addition of the bell/chime in your arrangement, your voice sounds terrific as always... and nicely inflected toward the style of the original. I think the best measure of your success here is that your production made me fall back in love with this song. :tu:

Hope '13 brings us more bluedad...
Image Image

This song has been rolling around in my head all day... still going strong. 8)
Image Image

bluedad wrote:
BradColeman wrote: I think your voice sounds quite similar to McCartneys.. but maybe' it's just me ;)
Well thanks for that! I learned how to sing and do harmonies from the Beatles. I can't hide it, and have
learned to embrace it. :hihi:
@folderol - many thanks!
@ mr me - Surely at some time through the yrs here you've heard me sing; 99% of my stuff is vocal tunes.
Thanks for the listen!
I don't believe I have heard you sing. I would say I've been missing out, this will change. 8)

Well done. I wouldn't dream of putting this up myself as it is so recognisable by so many people. So kudos for the guts to do it and for doing it well.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Good work Gary!
I had not idea that you can sing :D

manytone wrote: Was listening to some old KVR tracks today on random play at work. Heard some vurt, kriminal and donkey tugger. Was hoping one of yours came up.... maybe tomorrow ;-)
Thanks Paul; Thanks for the listen and glad you liked it.

debra1rlo wrote:oh, you done that nice Gary... instrumentation was a bit mmmm i dont know, happier or something? but it suited the song well and didnt really try to copy the original too much. the mix was nice, lots of room for everything it seemed if that makes sense
Thanks a lot, Deb. Sorry to hear of your experience with the evil twin, but glad you got past that.
I chose the tune because of the sparse instrumentation so that indeed, there would be lots of room for everything. Again, thanks!

@ justin - thank you!

morelia wrote:
BradColeman wrote:I think your voice sounds quite similar to McCartneys.. but maybe' it's just me ;)
I was going to say Lennon since Gary's voice reminded me greatly of the original.
I grew up singing Beatle songs, they're by far my biggest influence. To say it's similar to either is a huge compliment to me. The vocal here was recorded early in the morning, hoping to give it a sort of sleepy feel
that Lennon seemed to have on several tunes.
polyslax wrote: I think the best measure of your success here is that your production made me fall back in love with this song. :tu:
thanks Poly! The song is quite a gem, short, sweet and simple.
Allomerus wrote:Well done. I wouldn't dream of putting this up myself as it is so recognisable by so many people. So kudos for the guts to do it and for doing it well.
Thank you. To be honest, I expected to either be totally ignored or crucified. Happy that neither has happened, but I've made a fool of myself before and, as a mod I was totally prepared to hit the 'delete thread' button at any moment! :hihi:
4damind wrote:Good work Gary!
I had not idea that you can sing :D
At first your remark surprised me, because by far most of the stuff I've posted through the yrs has been vocal. however, now that I think about it, posting 1-2 songs a yr, it's easy to miss. That little link down below that says 'bluedad music' is the worlds plainest looking website, but it's got a lot of my tunes on it..though I don't think I've updated it in quite a while. html makes my head ache. Thanks for listening!

For the next song in this project, I've asked offthewall to join me in a collab on the jagger/bowie cover of 'Dancing in the Streets' and he's graciously accepted.

joking only about the choice of song, but yes I've a song in mind

I genuinely like your vocals on this more than the original!

Return to “Music Cafe”