Led Zep meet Surf meet Red Hot meet Radiohead complex song help of VCC VTM

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

folderol wrote:I think you just packed about 20 minutes of music into 6! Highly original ideas. Lots of great changes. Excellent dynamics (Oh how rare that is these days), and a good clean mix too :tu: :clap: :wheee:
Hey thanks a lot. it was a lot of work to put together.. ill keep you posted when the album is released :)
Musician/Composer/Mixer based in Montreal, Canada. Acustica Audio Nebula / Acustica Audio Tulip, Rust, Sienna. Latest mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTQmE7S-ZM

Absolutely brilliant.

got to admit, you hooked me with that header. ;)

Okay, what have we here? A really cool song, nice production, good performances. I'm impressed, great work! You played all the instruments yourself? You did a great job of making it sound like a band recording, it doesn't seem like a home studio thing at all.

The one critique that comes to mind is that I didn't find all the segues convincing, and that less might have been more. But maybe I just need to listen to it a few more times. Which I probably will. :)

Has anyone told you that you sound a bit like Elliott Smith?

ariston wrote:got to admit, you hooked me with that header. ;)

Okay, what have we here? A really cool song, nice production, good performances. I'm impressed, great work! You played all the instruments yourself? You did a great job of making it sound like a band recording, it doesn't seem like a home studio thing at all.

The one critique that comes to mind is that I didn't find all the segues convincing, and that less might have been more. But maybe I just need to listen to it a few more times. Which I probably will. :)

Has anyone told you that you sound a bit like Elliott Smith?
hey thanks for the feedback. I wrote the song but I play with my band. so I did all the vocals, guitars and arrangements/keys part. my drummer did the live drums (yes in my little home studio) and my bass player .well the bass.lol the lapsteel been done by another musician and the guitar solo a guitar player friend of mine...... I did record the vocal in a pro studio with a good producer which helps cause its the important part. I would be curious to have your feedback after couple of listens to see if you feel the same way..

thanks again :)
Patrick
Musician/Composer/Mixer based in Montreal, Canada. Acustica Audio Nebula / Acustica Audio Tulip, Rust, Sienna. Latest mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTQmE7S-ZM

_really_ good stuff. i hear a lot of 'influences' here... maybe stone temple pilots, but even moreso, zep; then hendrix, roxy music, csn&y.

i'd say if you're bouncing around between so many types of 'influences', then you've hit on something original.

very good mix too. it must be extremely difficult to mix all of these bits together, and it sounds pretty darned good. the only thing i would say is; maybe a tad more volume on the vocals in the opening, and a bit more punch/presence on the bass line in the 'hard' part (3:30). this is listening through cheap headphones, to the soundcloud-encoded .mp3, so your mileage may definitely vary.

yada yada
very cool!

Return to “Music Cafe”