Transistor Chill

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oh yeah, this was good :wheee:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

metalifuxx wrote:Chromeo... or the Norwegian Chromeo that is Erlend & Steinjo

^^^There's your break dance stuff :hihi:
Way to kill my favourite break-dance song! :x :lol:
Actually that was funny. Thanks for posting that. :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Timfonie wrote:
himalaya wrote:An easy down-tempo-break-dance-chromeo-muzak tuna.... is what it is. :hihi:
Yes, it is what it is: absolutely great! It's playing here in a loop for half an hour now. One of the best I've heard here at KVR since a long time. Of course it's also a matter of personal taste and it tastes like more! I'm looking forward to your upcomming album. :)
himalaya wrote:Oh yeah, there is an Oberheim OBXa in there, but I'm not saying where. :D
What other instruments did you use? Mostly soft synths or did a fair amount of hardware sneak into this wonderful track? Is Synth Squad incorporated?
Thank you. :-)

Hardware-wise only OBXa makes a showing (although it's sampled. It's the brassy chords first heard right at the start). Otherwise it's Synth Squad and Alchemy. The formant leads are made in Amber and the vocoded sound is Amber plus Warmverb (in Vocoder mode). Bass=Strobe, and Cypher on other duties. Turnado provides the glitch factor.

Futzy, fudgy, fuzzy awesome sauce.

Some really cool stuff in this. After listening, I had to fire up Diva and try to imitate some of the sounds.

Great track, and sounds.
Like it a lot.

Thanks everyone. I'm very happy you have enjoyed it. :)

Listening to it for the umpteenth time I feel it's too sloooow. :-o

himalaya wrote:Thanks everyone. I'm very happy you have enjoyed it. :)
Thank you for posting :-)
himalaya wrote:Hardware-wise only OBXa makes a showing (although it's sampled. It's the brassy chords first heard right at the start). Otherwise it's Synth Squad and Alchemy. The formant leads are made in Amber and the vocoded sound is Amber plus Warmverb (in Vocoder mode). Bass=Strobe, and Cypher on other duties. Turnado provides the glitch factor.
Thanks for clarifying. Great use of the vocoding effect!
himalaya wrote:Listening to it for the umpteenth time I feel it's too sloooow. :-o
hehe, That's a familiar phenomenon. Our minds don't process at the same speed all the time. e.g. When I'm tired and slow, music seems faster than when I'm wide awake and very active. Perhaps you are particularly quick of mind at the moment? When you change the tempo now (please don't, it's good as it is) you'll feel it's running too fast tonight or tomorrow. ;-)
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Superbly chill-y listening experience, I'm lovin it!
Image Image

Very enjoyable. Nice solo(s).
Skips along in a happy way that brings a smile to my face. :)
Agree with Timfonie, ^ don't change the speed, you'll lose the feel of it.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”