Work In Progress

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really pretty and all the changes make a great mini story.
Image Image

folderol wrote:Well another extremely long session, but I think Yoshimi's ride is complete now with version 3. I did in fact shorten the first part - hopefully without losing anything, and filled the space with some new goodies. I've also done a bit more with the finale.

I wasn't consciously thinking of spring, but yes I can now hear that in the music :o

@brandc
Yoshimi is only built for Linux. When Cal forked it from ZynAddSubFX one of the first things he did was to strip out the Windows code to remove complexity.

I'm rather proud of the fact that my main sound bank collection is distributed with both Zyn. and Yoshi. :) The very latest version is at:
http://www.musically.me.uk/Collection.zip

The new development bank is at:
http://www.musically.me.uk/Continued.zip

Very original names as you can tell :P

I have been known to sit here with a silly grin on my face when I hear music that uses my patches.

As well as a few tunes dotted around various sites I have my own website:
http://www.musically.me.uk
I linked to your website.. hopefully bringing new visitors! :)
Nice work, btw!

brian
Tired of Windows? Linux offers hundreds of good distros. For more info:
DistroWatch
Some good synths for linux: www.linuxsynths.com

Thanks again peeps :)

@Winstontaneous
That wasn't actually a license condition, just a request. Paul was quite young then and has since changed his views. The comment is no longer there :wink:

@polyslax
Quite an exhausting story, what with long days (and nights) on this as well as two collabs in the competition. :o

@briandc
Thanks a lot for the linky. Nice site you've got there. I'll return the favour next time I update mine.
Mmmm. Like the way you've used 'Far Reed' :hihi:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

A wee little bumpette
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I hadn't heard this since v1 so... A lot has changed.
It's longer and the parts seem more distinct. There's new age, ambient and even a hint of progressive :) in fact the way the whole track "progresses" is quite nice.
A long story it tells, and an interesting one. Off to another listen...

As you noted in my thread, we are operating in different aesthetic spheres. This is music for a bubble bath while mine is music for an acid bath. :)

Nevertheless, there is a lot to enjoy here. Plenty of melody and bright sounds. Composed with unusual care for a synth demo. Good job on this.

The 4th piece was my favourite. I like the purity of the sounds. Havent heard of yoshimi but im guessing its fm synthesis ? Some great tones here Folderol

Thanks again friends.

@2NDMOUSE
Yoshimi is a fork from ZynAddSubFX. There are three synth engines that can be used independently or together. There's FM in there but a lot more besides. Like an iceberg, 9/10ths is below the surface :-o

Return to “Music Cafe”