Polyslax - Gila Space

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ouroboros wrote:your alchemical tricks have turned that guitar into a flute!
:hihi: Yeah, I could have mentioned the duelling effed up flutes I suppose...
Image Image

Some beautiful sounds on this lovely track. I'm a sucker for treated guitar and you have excelled! The rhythm suits it perfectly. Thought I heard a couple of Robert Fripp sounds in there as well. ;)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Super cool! :D

This is rather special. Once the drum beat kicks in, it's pure ambient bliss. Reminds me somehow of the 'Apollo' album (Brian and Roger Eno and Daniel Lanois).

I'd definitely want a whole album of similar tracks, ie: textured ambient sounds with super cool drum sounds, not to forget that deep bass!
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Very careful work with beats and great guitar sounds. I love it.

Hola. Hermosas vibraciones frías de planeta polyslax.

This track is one of those that makes me feel like I had been given an anaesthetic 10 minutes before it began. The atmosphere generated on here is one of isolation and numbness. Everything is just a little bit hazy and surreal but the bass rings through loud and clear. Great sounds on this one, Matt.

Good work, Eugene 8)

that first sound is so lovely... it's in such an explorative vein that the subsequent more fungible action comes off as more pedestrian than it would in its own 'scape, I think.

Thanks all so much for your ears and thoughts!
Allomerus wrote:Thought I heard a couple of Robert Fripp sounds in there as well. ;)
There's definitely some backwards guitar in there...
Shane Sanders wrote:Super cool! :D
Nice to hear from you Shane! :)
himalaya wrote:Reminds me somehow of the 'Apollo' album (Brian and Roger Eno and Daniel Lanois).
Don't know that one... I'll look around, thanks.
lwpss wrote:Very careful work with beats and great guitar sounds. I love it.
Cheers!
seismic1 wrote:This track is one of those that makes me feel like I had been given an anaesthetic 10 minutes before it began. The atmosphere generated on here is one of isolation and numbness... Good work, Eugene 8)
:)

Gotta say you've touched on some themes I love there Tim... isolation, numbness and anaesthesia... all in one go!
jancivil wrote:that first sound is so lovely... it's in such an explorative vein that the subsequent more fungible action comes off as more pedestrian than it would in its own 'scape, I think.
Been a while Jan, nice to read you! I can't seem to help myself when it comes to welding the familiar onto the experimental. I like the contrast, myself, and I suppose I like having some sense of grounding. Fungible... I like that word... I picture a clown-shaped zeppelin. :)
Image Image

'being of such a nature that one part or quantity may be replaced by another equal part or quantity in the satisfaction of an obligation' - kind of a bold use of that word, but I went for it. :-o

that is the kind of lingo a critic would reach for, which is reprehensible and I repudiate myself for it.

^^ :hihi:

Def critic lingo, but well done nonetheless. Not kidding... I really do love language.
Image Image

me too.

the real thing is more like 'I should encourage you in this untethered area because that's what I like.'

finally sat down for a good listen on this one... i like poly's stuff
at night cos i know i can always expect a very chill, atmospheric ride into the unknown. and just as expected no less. that axe is indeed a nice addition to your already unique style. also great bass and percussion on this. enjoyed much :drunk:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

jancivil wrote:me too.

the real thing is more like 'I should encourage you in this untethered area because that's what I like.'
Gotcha. 8)
Image Image

layzer wrote:finally sat down for a good listen on this one... i like poly's stuff
at night cos i know i can always expect a very chill, atmospheric ride into the unknown. and just as expected no less. that axe is indeed a nice addition to your already unique style. also great bass and percussion on this. enjoyed much :drunk:
Thanks layzer, glad you enjoyed it. :)
Image Image

oh, yeah, is that Skanner by the way?

Return to “Music Cafe”