Only Blue (country)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great track DHM. I really enjoyed the vocals and the more structured song approach taken here. Great lyrics too.

Good work :)

Thanks, StudioDave, macmurphy, Mariosprt, and seismic1. I appreciate it.
No longer a moderator.

seismic1 wrote:... Great lyrics too.
Agree++

I like them so much that I'd like to use them for an utterly different kind of song. Hey, DH, do you have any objection to some re-use of those fine lyrics ?

Best,

dp

StudioDave wrote:Hey, DH, do you have any objection to some re-use of those fine lyrics ?
Nope, no objection. I'm curious to hear them re-used.
No longer a moderator.

8) :)

Paul Westerberg meets Roger Miller.

Why can't more country have this much character?

herodotus wrote:Why can't more country have this much character?
Because Nashville can't handle people like Steve Earle, who once referred to Shania Twain as "Nashville's highest paid table dancer". :)

Taylor Swift they can deal with.

Best,

dp

herodotus wrote:8) :)

Paul Westerberg meets Roger Miller.

Kind of you to say. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

First of all, I'm still laughing at myself as I'm sure I'm the only person who clicked on this because I saw Spitfish VST in the list of things used.

Secondly, here's things that would prevent me from listening to something: singing accompanied solely by guitar, country, the way steel string guitars are recorded, or anything minimalistic whatsoever, really.

I'm glad I listened anyways. A nice song, well performed, and what a great recording! If I tried as hard as I could to find a problem, I'd say there's bits where the guitar is relatively quiet in the second (?) stanza, but there's nothing that detracts from the song in the recording (!?).

Also, you rock for including the lyrics here. I wish everyone did that.

herodotus wrote:
:hihi:

weekend bump from an unlikely fan

:love:

Thanks, astrochimp.
No longer a moderator.

nice song and performance .. well done country ballad

That was just great. Beautiful vocal. Perfect lyric.
Reminds me of Billy Joe Shaver!

Thanks, markkuja and AtaRaxis. Though the name seems familiar, I don't think I've heard any Billy Joe Shaver, but I've got some on order from the library now, so thanks for that too.
No longer a moderator.

How on earth did I manage to miss this for so long :o
Great stuff :tu:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “Music Cafe”