Interdictor - Noumenon EP: 3 Industrial tracks

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVRians,

I've been around at KVR since 2004 and learned a lot from you guys. For a few days ago, I (composing, production & vocals) and a friend (lyrics & production) released or first EP.

As this is our first release, I would really appreciate some comments and feedback.

An overview of the three tracks:

Endosymbiont: the most recent track, inspired by Swedish act Interlace. This is the one we are most proud of.

Josef: Political content, plenty of orchestral elements (heavy use of EWQL).

Novus ordu seclorum: Our first track we made together. Basic industrial.

As we believe art should be shared rather than sold, all music is freely available for download.

MP3 download link:
http://www.interdictor.se/wp-content/up ... on-MP3.zip

FLAC download link:
http://www.interdictor.se/wp-content/up ... n-FLAC.zip

Webpage including player:
http://www.interdictor.se

Welcome. We industrial guys are taking over KVR. :)

Endosymbiont sounds professionally produced. The vocals are good, kind of Skinny Puppy-ish. The music has some nice chord changes under the noise. I think you guys are off to a very strong start.

The other two songs are a little less developed. My suggestion with respect to these two is to make sure the basic tunes are solid before building elaborate arrangements. I also think some of your intros are a bit long.

Your website looks good. I see you've got the hardware version of one of my favorite softsynths - the Korg PolySix. Very cool. 8)

im with frantzm on this...i think his comments are spot on.

endosymbiont does have a skinny puppy feel to it (which is a good thing).

over all i like your sound...whenever i hear someone say theyre making industrial, i usually assume its going to sound like combichrist...im pleased to say this didnt.

this sounds more like the "artistic" industrial of the late 90's. its not trying to be a dance floor killer, which i appreciate. reminds me of skinny puppy (as mentioned), the less danceable front line stuff, i even hear a little bit of alien faktor in there.

good job.
ImageImageImage

Thank you very much for your feedback! I can admit that friends reviewing the music has been pointing pretty much the same thing.

When I got the tracks back from mastering, I realized that we could have left out plenty of elements that was added during the production process. The upcoming tracks will hopefully feature a little bit less populated soundspace, less intros and "transports" while building on the harmonies.

Thanks!

Edit: spelling and grammar failures.
Last edited by hybrid3 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

i liked your sound alot, reminds me of ministry before they went metal.....
i liked the first one the most, but all were great. u got another fan :wink:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I like these tracks, sound kind of NIN to me, but I'm no expert in the genre.
I agree with what has been said, and the intros are a bit too long.
I know they don't seem long when we're wrtiting them... :)

Great job, keep it up!

Thanks, these comments were both encouraging and helpful.

While releasing the EP, we also went through the process of setting up a webpage and also distributing everything on various services such as Spotify and iTunes (we used CD-baby for that purpose). The amount of work was a lot larger than we expected.

Anyway, with that done, it's nice to be able to focus on the music.

Im a big industrial fan here, I'll have a listen.

Thanks for the share.
:borg:

Wow! I am really really enjoying this! Kind of reminds me of skinny puppy in some parts..

Incredible work guys! It's mixed so damn good too..

What sort of DAW do you guys use?

Wow, thanks a lot. Sounding like Skinny Puppy is definately something I can handle.

So, I'm using Cakewalk Sonar PE 8.5 and my partner is running Logic. I'm living in Russia and my partner is residing in Sweden. Thanks to Dropbox, it works quite well. As I'm doing the composing and vocals and most of the production, my partner is sending me audiofiles which I simply paste into empty tracks. This is actually helping me avoid adjusting things in an eternity

The drums are mostly done by Absynth. The bass is VAZ Modular, FF T2
and Absynth. Pads are Massive, BioHazard andthere are also EWQLSO in there.

For mastering, we hired a Swedish mastering studio (Servant Studios).

V0RT3X wrote:Wow! I am really really enjoying this! Kind of reminds me of skinny puppy in some parts..

Incredible work guys! It's mixed so damn good too..

What sort of DAW do you guys use?

hybrid3 wrote:Wow, thanks a lot. Sounding like Skinny Puppy is definately something I can handle.

So, I'm using Cakewalk Sonar PE 8.5 and my partner is running Logic. I'm living in Russia and my partner is residing in Sweden. Thanks to Dropbox, it works quite well. As I'm doing the composing and vocals and most of the production, my partner is sending me audiofiles which I simply paste into empty tracks. This is actually helping me avoid adjusting things in an eternity

The drums are mostly done by Absynth. The bass is VAZ Modular, FF T2
and Absynth. Pads are Massive, BioHazard andthere are also EWQLSO in there.

For mastering, we hired a Swedish mastering studio (Servant Studios).

Well you guys did a good job! You inspired me to work on some industrial stuff now haha

Keep up the cool tunes :)

And I see no flaws in this EP. Hope you'll be big.

Well, thanks a lot! This thread is quite old but we are currently in the process of finalizing the next set of tracks. A release will happen any week now.

Hi,

I would just like you to know that Interdictor has released a second EP. Please have a listen:
http://www.interdictor.se/music/

More about the production in this thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &p=5809296

Return to “Music Cafe”