Suspiria (Goblin cover)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is excellent! Love the original, this is a great interpretation. Thanks for sharing :)

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

Thanks Andy :tu:

So much talent on kvr! :clap:

If I had one complaint it would be that the drums are too dry. I understand that having a large mix could be the reason but they seem too up front and dry. It's just constructive criticism though, from my pov, grain of salt, all of that :)

A "thanks for the info" bump for ya!

I thought the piano had something different about it, now I understand why! Good job on that as well :)

Very happy to see so much love for Goblin here on KVR. They are among my favourite Italian bands, alongside Banco, PFM, Le Orme, Il Balletto di Bronzo and some of the one-album-wonders (Campo de Marte for instance).

hibidy wrote:So much talent on kvr! :clap:

If I had one complaint it would be that the drums are too dry. I understand that having a large mix could be the reason but they seem too up front and dry. It's just constructive criticism though, from my pov, grain of salt, all of that :)

Thanks Hibidy ;)

Yep I agree on the drums, mainly on the snare just like said before. I was uncertain if edit or not the drum track or leave it as is, but I think I'll do some tweakings since you guys are confirming my thoughts.

I had also some perplexities about the lead guitar... it took me a lot of time to find what in the end I've considered the best balance between the level and EQ but I think I can't say that I'm 100% happy with it. I'm mostly a keyboard player, and I'm playing guitar literally just for fun so any tips on guitar recording and how to mix it properly is welcome :D

Baard wrote:I thought the piano had something different about it, now I understand why! Good job on that as well :)

Thank you Baard :D

Very happy to see so much love for Goblin here on KVR.
Well deserved IMO, one of the best instrumental bands ever!

They are among my favourite Italian bands, alongside Banco, PFM, Le Orme, Il Balletto di Bronzo and some of the one-album-wonders (Campo de Marte for instance).
Wow you have a good knowledge of the most interesting italian bands from the '60s, '70s :shock: I would add the New Trolls to the list :P

MaxSynths wrote:Wow you have a good knowledge of the most interesting italian bands from the '60s, '70s :shock: I would add the New Trolls to the list :P
You are right! :dog:

And here I was, beating myself for forgetting to namedrop Il Rovescio della Medaglias's Contaminazione, Locanda delle Fate's Forse le Lucciole non si Amano Piu, and Raccomandata con Ricevuta di Ritorno's Per... un mondo di cristallo. :D

Gotta love these Italian band/album names.

But yeah, seriously big fan of the Italian scene in the 70's, and european prog in general. :tu:

Ooh, and yeah.. Alphataurus and Area! Sorry if derailing your thread, just cant help myself when it comes to these wonderful bands. :)

Eheh lots of good stuff in those old recordings, it's ok to remember those albums (good source for inspiration and to learn from). :tu:

wow! scary! :o
FV

FatisV wrote:wow! scary! :o
:hihi:

well. am i the only person who hasn't heard the original?

extremely impressive stuff. i think it's a great mix and i particularly like the guitar playing. excellent :tu:

neil.

Thank you very much Neil ;)

macmurphy wrote:well. am i the only person who hasn't heard the original?

extremely impressive stuff. i think it's a great mix and i particularly like the guitar playing. excellent :tu:

neil.
You should check out the film by Dario Argento! Hard to forget this theme after that. :) Also check out Profondo Rosso by the same director (also with fantastic music by Goblin).

Had another spin with your arrangement Maxsynths. Still sounds very good to me :)

Return to “Music Cafe”