March Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i thinkin of dusting off the old guitar too for some wah pedal action!
stoner funk in extremis!
think earth, wind and fire meets sunn0))) :band:

shit !! shouldn't have listened to doc's choon..kinda taken the wind outta my sails :( guess i will still submit...still have time i think, though it will go to the wire

great job, man :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:shit !! shouldn't have listened to doc's choon..kinda taken the wind outta my sails :( guess i will still submit...still have time i think, though it will go to the wire

Exactly what I thought but I spent hours on mine so gonna submit anyway. It's good to set the expectations beforehand :-) :-D
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

For this very reason, when I'm in the competition I make a point of not listening to any other tracks until mine is mostly complete.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I usually don't listen to any submission until I post mine. I just visited my soundcloud page to send a link to one of my friend and there it was, at the top of the streams. It's an amazing track.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:shit !! shouldn't have listened to doc's choon..kinda taken the wind outta my sails :( guess i will still submit...still have time i think, though it will go to the wire

Exactly what I thought but I spent hours on mine so gonna submit anyway. It's good to set the expectations beforehand :-) :-D
yeah, true...all the tracks have their merits....i actually really love what i've done so far, but i have a long way to go :)

good to see i'm not the only one lagging behind

folderol wrote:For this very reason, when I'm in the competition I make a point of not listening to any other tracks until mine is mostly complete.
i'd like to think i wouldn't make the same mistake again, but then i know i probably would :roll:

Wow! Ive had a long day at work and come home to find a flurry of activity in the thread.
kryptonaut wrote:Nice track Doc Jon!

There is an extraneous '#' character in the link to your soundcloud page, might be worth correcting if the rules permit it.
Thanks Kryptonaut for spotting that, no idea where that came from
D.H.Miltz wrote:Fixed.
Thanks Uncle Dan! (hope you're feeling better)

To everyone who made such kind comments - thanks, I'm feeling all overwhelmed now :oops:

Jon

Great track Jon.

And great songs this month from the rest of you, buddies.
Even me, that i'm not accustomed to funky stuff i can value your works and efforts, in fact, the most probably is that i can't produce funk or guitar stuff and that's another reason that i value the guitar players so much.

In any case, i will participate this month with something really weird, new from me and experimental, please, don't expect my typical stuff.
Let's call it Nu Funk or something alike, or Funky Glitch, i'm not even expecting to win anything, but i started something experimental yesterday and i wanted to finish it for the sake of fun, a collage of sounds.
I will post the creepy result in a couple of hours. :hihi:

Have a good day :)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:Thanks, Mister Natural. Except for some mild jaw pain (TMJD) I'm feeling pretty much back to normal. (And I figured out/came up with the gist of my entry today.)
good stuff, though i'm thinking that the pain would have been making you feel all kinds of funkay !!
Thanks. I think pain would have made me irritable rather than funkay. Happily I didn't have to find out.

And thanks for the get well wishes from the rest of you, too. I'm all back to normal now.

Waiting for the flood of last-few-days entries.
No longer a moderator.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but plan on finishing my piece tonight. There's some really good ones so far, so hopefully mine will be worthy of votes.
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.

mine's pretty much finished....just needs final mixing....think i have another day, right ??

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:mine's pretty much finished....just needs final mixing....think i have another day, right ??
Yes. You have until around five a.m. my time on the 25th.
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:mine's pretty much finished....just needs final mixing....think i have another day, right ??
Yes. You have until around five a.m. my time on the 25th.
that's great....thanks.....for some reason i had it fixed in my head for sunday.....

i think it should be done by saturday evening....

had to delete a track from soundcloud to give me my 3 minutes ... paid account soon :?

Really loving the submissions so far, really feeling the funk! :hihi:

from submissions thread:
IrionDaRonin wrote:The track is a bit silly, i just wanted to have some fun without thinking too much.
Due this is not one of my main styles, i won't post in Soundcloud this time, so if anyone have a problem when downloading, please, let me know it.
And that is it. I hope you like it somehow and find it groovy and funky with a modern touch
Irion, great track, and I mean really great. I'm sure if you put it on Soundcloud it would be very well received

Have realised I forgot to mention that I used Superior Drummer 2 in my track but have PM'd Uncle Dan so hopefully he can fix/edit my post

Hoping for more tracks before the deadline, have time off next week so will be able to do some reviews this month

Jon

Return to “Music Cafe”