May Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

in :phew:

out :roll:

Was going to do a timpani thingumy ...
... but it didn't happen, unfortunately.

Yay, in :D
Appropriate theme, I really worked like a slave this week. Non stop crises at work, kids management and writing this at night. Now for the first proper sleep this week. heaven :D
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

I've felt lousy all month, so I was figuring on missing this one, but now I'm in with a last minute, yikes-we-need-more-entries entry.
No longer a moderator.

New reviews of the last entries (provided there will be no late night early morning tunes):

Aziraphal - Building A Cathedral
What have you done? I am shocked, I am standing in awe, I am on my knees bowing to the master! :hail: Great theme, great instrumental work, great production and above all great vocals. The only flaw is that damned 3-minute-limit choking the live out of your song. Winner! Now I will go and listen a third time ...

D.H. Miltz - Grab A Broom
"Yikes-we-need-more-entries entry"? To me this is more. A nice folk tune with a logical and simple theme. A real work song. I enjoyed it a lot. Though I feel that here and there the musicians play a bit too laid back for the cleaning personal leaving the rhythm a bit shaky.

el-bo - Better Than Human
The finishing touch of the robot trilogy Irion Da Ronin/RuediRena/el-bo. I like the rhythm work and the humour. Those robots clearly have more fun than RuediRena's - tragic ending and all. It's better to burn out than to fade away!

cheers ruedirena....really appreciate the positive review :tu: :D

Thanks, RueudiRena. Rhythm's definitely a bit shaky.
No longer a moderator.

Okay, submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
Wedding Music

This month you are asked to submit some sort of wedding music. What that means is up to you and the voters. If you need ideas, these links might be helpful:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedding_music
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epithalamium
No longer a moderator.

thanks for the podium finish, ruedi :D

Many thanks RuediRena and El-bo for the kind reviews (especially Ruedi's was over the top) :hyper:

Can't believe this, only 13 entries? :( Hope next month brings us some good organ grinders; I'll have to skip it (vacation coming up)
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Aziraphal wrote:Can't believe this, only 13 entries? :(
I'm guilt-ridden because someone else will have to end up dead last now.

I stuffed up the on the submissions date this month. All week I had it in my mind that the 25th was the last day and then just as I was about to submit, I had this sudden feeling of OH CRAP! I'll listen and vote though and I think I'll throw my track on Soundcloud later tomorrow anyway.

Hmm, trying to listening all tracks now.

There is an "Account suspended" website in the Farlukar link, where all tracks usually are when voting.
It is only me or...?

Thanks and have a nice day :)

Thank you, el-bo, for 2 points and most of all for that very funny statement on robot psychology. :hihi:

IrionDaRonin wrote:Hmm, trying to listening all tracks now.

There is an "Account suspended" website in the Farlukar link, where all tracks usually are when voting.
It is only me or...?

Thanks and have a nice day :)
Oh, snap!
Now works.

Time to voting.

By the way...
Kryptonaut wrote:Good use of contrasting sections - I like the way the accelerating glitchy intro blends into the dreamy middle section, as though the repetitive work has induced some kind of trance, and then we resurface nicely invigorated at the end.
Thanks.
You got it perfectly.

Have a nice day :)

Return to “Music Cafe”