May Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, el-bo.
No longer a moderator.

Some comments. Votes in a few minutes/hours.

kryptonaut
Amazing textures and sounds at beginning. Nice guitars too.
Happy touch, the final part sounds very clean.

nikp2000
Nice typical sounds in the quarry, very "straight" these tools, i imagined people chopping rocks.
Nice bass sequence. Enjoyable piece and easy to listen.

evo2slo
Energetic happy mood track somehow, nice vocals and lyrics and usual from you.
Nice composition and good quality overall. The part in the minute 2:00 is awesome.

Patrick9
Good blues song, it sounds old from that epoque, in a good way of course.
The vocals are ver enjoyable too. Good distorted guitars and harmonique.

ClaRago
Great beat at intro, the bass sounds very good too.
Very well mixed and overall quality. However, the track is so abstract that i couldn't fit it into a work theme context.
Anyway, it is in my playlist.

beanpole
Great vocals in this sticky track. Nice happy mood once again.
You should make a collab with evo2slo someday. I'm sure something good have to happen.

offthewall
This is what i was expecting mostly which fits perfectly with this month theme. People working hard in the middle of field, that was i saw.
Evocative track to these old times. Even with the same feeling in the output. Nice lyrics and vocal too.
If only i could do it, i would do it this too.

Laguna Rising
I guess this is a work in the restaurant. And the song piece is a kind of background music while people enjoy the day there.
A very well mastered relaxing piece.

RuediRena
Repetitive song as a work is in reality. I could imagine these Asimov white robots dancing in Tokyo.
I liked the overall sound and very insteresting strange sounds that i'm still scratching my head how you did.
Well done.

el-bo
Amazing sounds. These robotic voices are Very japanesse. Robot industry rocks!
Its sounds like a robot revolt. Yes, they will be overused in the future, until they explode.

Aziraphal
That bassline is freaking awesome. Also the voices, the pianos, the guitars. Everything well done, composition and mastering. Exquisite work!
Depeche Mode on, uh? Another of my favourites this month. To my playlist.

D.H. Miltz
Relaxing and quiet piece. To me sounds like a Guzheng. So the asian touch is there.
I saw a beautiful geisha playing a Guzheng. That was an artist work in old times in Asia to entertain people.

Very enjoyable month.
And it is nice to have a small amount of songs when you have a lack of free time.

Have a nice day and good luck :)

i guess i reviewed in the wrong thread :oops:

cheers irion for the review and my pole position vote...very much appreciated :D

Thanks, Irion.
No longer a moderator.

Thanks for the reviews kryptonaut, Irion, and el-bo!

@el-bo: your words really made my day! :D

Just a quick heads-up - when I try to visit the May Submissions thread in the Cafe forum, Chrome gives me a big red warning about malicious links - it seems that Ugo's site may have been compromised/hacked, or at least Chrome thinks that it has been.

I sent Ugo an email about it so hopefully the problem will be addressed soon, but I guess until it is, it's best to use caution if you need to visit the site.

many thanks to kryptonaut, offthewall, robojam, patrick9 and nikp2000 for the votes :tu:

Evo2slo- Mother's work
I loved it straight away: clever words and tune ,perfectly sung. I am also quite sympathetic to the cause of women (not just mothers) who do most of the work on this planet for very little money and consideration.
Off the wall - raise 'em up higher
Great tribute and authentic feel through the track + thanks for the background (written) notes . A bit bare though. I agree with RuediRena that more voices would have been welcomed.
Kryptonaut - Shaman
Is Shaman a job ? I sincerely would not put it that way. Still , a very entertaining track with great sounds and textures.
Aziraphal - building a cathedral
I am in tune with the theme of the song and totally flabbergasted by (once again) the unbelievable quality of this production . The overall result is however a bit too derivative ( for me ) to make it to the top.
Nikp2000-Wage slaves
Neat, like most of your stuff actually. Nice riff & arps , the samples fit perfectly.
D.H Miltz-Grab a Broom
No, I was not totally swept away but this track does not at all deserve your derogatory introduction. It is a lot more than honest and clearly the most evocative of this month's tracks.
Patrick9-Immigrant blues
I like a nice bit of blues and this a good one, great guitar sound BTW. I feel that the mix lets you down a bit without being able to explain how. Also some cymbal hits are I believe superfluous and a bit distracting.
Irion Da Ronin-Machinen
Great sounds and atmosphere, maybe a bit too cold .
RuediRena- Work, dance ,work.
Very funny, even cartoonesque .I really like the universe hinted at by your entries, a lot of humour & experimentation with some awkward end results sometimes.
Beanpole - Subterranean Callcentre Blues
I would like to like it more : great song idea + good to hear some competent guitar playing. I am just not really keen on the pop rock treatment, but that's just me.
El-bo - Better than Human
Ve-ry-ro-bo-tic .
Laguna rising - white gloves
Good recreation , atmospheric but not musical enough ( a lot of work, very little song) .

Thanks to the other reviewers ( and voters ) so far.

Thanks for all the votes, comments and feedback guys.
Greatly appreciated.
ClaRago wrote:Irion Da Ronin-Machinen
Great sounds and atmosphere, maybe a bit too cold.
Then it worked the way i wanted. Nice.
Thanks for the comments, ClaRago :)

Have a nice day :)

@Irion.
I get it that an entry about machines should sound a bit soulless. Still I prefer your warm,poetics tracks. Any ideas for the wedding song ?

About wedding song, well, i just have a main idea in my mind.
Use an organ :hihi:

But certainly i don't like organ sound, so hey, there are asian wedding events too, and other countries which the song could be a bit ethnic.
Afrikan wedding, asian wedding, etc...

I wont participate this month anyway, i have to finish my website and continue my commercial soundsets.

Have a nice day :)

Thank you, ClaRago.
No longer a moderator.

cheers beanpole

cheers d.h miltz

cheers aziraphal

Return to “Music Cafe”