THX-15 - ElectroProg (Seismic Dirge)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like that a lot Timmeh.

It's got the usual synth magic from yerself, but I thought the addition of the operatic brought a nice textural balance to the overall track.

JLU_Official wrote:thanks for the free downlaod :)
You're welcome. I hope you enjoyed it :)

mr.me wrote:This is put together great! Everything thing fits like a team...piano sounds fantastic. :love:

Makes me think of Deus Ex...strange the way that works...but cool.
Thanks very much for the ears and comments, mr.me. Glad you enjoyed it :)

The computer games I grew up with didn't have soundtracks :( although I have been known to partake in a little occasional TOCA 2.

Well, it's obvious isn't it?
THX-15 is an inter-galactic class space cruiser ID, so this is the theme tune for a space thriller :D
Really enjoyed this.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

D.H. Miltz wrote:Ah, the dirge. I really like the piano on this. That and the sense of quiet menace. The vocal bit took me by surprise, but it works well. Another piece enjoyed. Thanks, seismic1.
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, DHM. Glad you enjoyed it :) The next one is more upbeat/cheerful :wink:

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote: My main goal here was to make the piano part slightly more prominent during the final section. I hope I was at least partially successful :)
I can confirm that the piano is a bit more audible during the final section.

I'm still startled when that lead synth enters in the final section. It certainly provides a contrast. :)
Thanks very much for checking this out again, Frantz. You should know what to expect from me by now :hihi:

DaveL60 wrote:I'm hard-pressed to consider it a dirge, but maybe. I think a kind of melancholy meditation. I love that wonderful gradual build through the whole piece that you've achieved, the result feels unified / consistent but never dull. Good stuff.

DaveL
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Dave. Glad you liked it :)

I was just playing about with descriptors. This track is at a lower tempo than I normally employ, and used a less extensive set of sound sources. I think dirge may have been overstating things a little :wink:

tehlord wrote:I like that a lot Timmeh.

It's got the usual synth magic from yerself, but I thought the addition of the operatic brought a nice textural balance to the overall track.
Hey, Geoff. Good to see you round these parts again :) Thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it :)

I think the cut-down set of sound-sources (compared to my usual pieces) may have inadvertantly helped the balance of this one.

Love the way that shimmery synth comes in like that. Wasnt expecting that at all.
The toms are quite nostalgic to me and bring to mind shows like 'V' .
I see you found the soprano too. Used it myself. Sounds very authentic. I wasnt sure if it was synthetic or an actual vocal sample but its great when its used sparingly , and with a bit of disguise

Love the way that shimmery synth comes in like that. Wasnt expecting that at all.
I see you found the soprano too. Used it myself. Sounds very authentic. I wasnt sure if it was synthetic or an actual vocal sample but its great when its used sparingly , and with a bit of disguise

folderol wrote:Well, it's obvious isn't it?
THX-15 is an inter-galactic class space cruiser ID, so this is the theme tune for a space thriller :D
Really enjoyed this.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, folderol. Glad you enjoyed it :)

THX-15 - Fact or etiological myth? :?

2NDMOUSE wrote:Love the way that shimmery synth comes in like that. Wasnt expecting that at all.
Thanks very much for checking this out and commenting, 2M. Glad you liked it :)

Pro-53 for the synth, A Kawai R50 EnergyXT2 drumkit and the Stank Warbler we spoke about earlier this year (or maybe even last year). Time files when you're having fun (allegedly).

V - big-budget lizards

seismic1 wrote:Pro-53 for the synth
That's probably the sound that's bothering me. Is the Pro-53 eligible for retirement yet? :)

The part around 4:00 is great. I'm really wondering how you did that.

Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:Pro-53 for the synth
That's probably the sound that's bothering me. Is the Pro-53 eligible for retirement yet? :)
Not yet, Frantz. Pro-53 makes its entrance at approx 2:00 on here. The sound that I presume you're talking about at 4:21 is ConcreteFX Ensembler.

I'm not sure that anything younger than I am should be retired :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”