Polyslax - Amalgum, Threshold, Chutney

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow Matt! This is a very strong and diverse set of tracks. :love:

Amalgum - Nice piece. I liked the contemplative mood.

Threshold - Amazing! I agree with Tim. It would work well on the soundtrack for a period horror film. It ends a little abruptly.

Chutney - Great groove! It's as if you successfully transposed world music onto digital instruments.

Way cool, Matt.
That beat that comes in half-way through Chutney made me go "whuuuuuut!" I don't think I've heard much at that pace from you. Sounds great.

Amalgum sounds like you are having fun with your Octatrack. :)

Thanks for sharing!

amalgum showcases your remarkable ability to coalesce a seemingly random grouping of notes into
cohesive phrasing that only gradually reveals its timing ...
the tonality of the piano is haunting ...

Much appreciated guys, thanks for the comments!

Barry - I know, it does sound familiar doesn't it? I couldn't place it so decided to just carry on.

Justin - No OT in here my friend... Synplant does a good imitation though. :)
Image Image

threshold is peewee's charnel house ...

internet has died at my place so has taken a while to listen to just the one - threshold. But what a great track - amazing sound and perfectly suited to the playing and composition. excellent.

polyslax wrote:Justin - No OT in here my friend... Synplant does a good imitation though. :)
Interesting. It's (what sounds like) time-stretching artifacts in the drum sounds I'm referring to. It sounds just like what happens when you slow down (or pitch up) drums on the OT. I guess you could get similar results with anything that has a lo-fi time-stretch mode. Or maybe my ears are just failing me, lol.

Some great stuff here, in any case.

justin3am wrote:
polyslax wrote:Justin - No OT in here my friend... Synplant does a good imitation though. :)
Interesting. It's (what sounds like) time-stretching artifacts in the drum sounds I'm referring to. It sounds just like what happens when you slow down (or pitch up) drums on the OT. I guess you could get similar results with anything that has a lo-fi time-stretch mode. Or maybe my ears are just failing me, lol.

Some great stuff here, in any case.
Ok, gotcha, I thought you were talking about the stuttery synths.

Yes, plenty of stretchy and shifty shenanigans going on in here with Sound Hack's PVOC Kit.
Image Image

amalgum - out of tune wonky piano :drunk: :clap: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I love the Rhodes sound in Chutney. It sent me into a pickle. I really enjoyed the drums in the second half. Some great synthy sounds on here too. I thought this track had much more impact after turning the volume right up.

Pass the poppadoms

Good work :)

Excellent use of understated piano again on Amalgum. The other odd sounds fit beautifully, just before I head off to bed. Feeling relaxed... Ahhh :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”